You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
This topic is about Throne of Glass
Buddy Reads > Throne of Glass

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments Is anyone interested in reading this book with me?

message 2: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48741 comments I have the book, but I don't think I could get to it next month.

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments Any ideas when you'd like to read it?

message 4: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments Same here. I was planning to read it in May with another group. I could probably get to it the end of April, if you wanted to wait that long.

message 5: by Sarah (last edited Feb 25, 2016 05:53PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments End of April sounds fine by me, how about the 29th April?

Gives people time to plan ahead and other reads to get done first.

message 6: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments That's perfect for me. I'll join you. :)

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments Awesome. Hah your bday is the same as my brother's =]

message 8: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments Oh really? haha My brother and my daughter have the same birthday, along with 3 of my friends...Valentine's Day.

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments Yeh hehe =] and my bf's is the day after 24th.

Oh wow v-day is rather expensive then =P

message 10: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments Yes it is! lol

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments I can imagine.

Well I'm glad you can join me, I look forward to it =D

message 12: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie I will join too if it is available at my library :)

message 13: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48741 comments April 29th will be fine with me.

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments Yay =] Great!

message 15: by Delitealex (last edited Feb 29, 2016 12:45PM) (new) - added it

Delitealex | 336 comments I have been wanting to read this end of April is good for me too

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments I'm looking forward to reading this =]

message 17: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48741 comments Is everyone ready to start the buddy read on Friday? I have it downloaded and ready to go.

message 18: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments I'm ready! I have it in my calendar and I'm looking forward to it.

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments Yep all ready for it. If you want to start earlier I don't mind. I may start after I finish my current book I only have about 150 pages to go

message 20: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48741 comments I could start tomorrow. I should finish my current read today. Kristie, what about you?

message 21: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments I just started my tribute book today and probably won't be able to start early. I need to finish this one in April, so I can't put it aside.

message 22: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48741 comments No problem, Kristie. We'll wait for you. I have another book to read.

message 23: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments Thanks! :)

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments I'm going to start tonight, but I'll make sure to keep my comments in spoilers related to the chapter =]

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments I've only read a little bit, so I'm up to Chapter 4.

I'm liking the main character, Celeana. I'm liking her attitude, it's a nice change from the book I was just reading with a girl who got walked over. Celeana sounds like she'll be a kick-ass character, I look forward to reading more.

message 26: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48741 comments Oh good. I like kick ass characters.

message 27: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments Janice, I will be starting tomorrow, if you're still ready to start then. :) If you need to finish up something else first, I can wait a couple of days too, just let me know.

message 28: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie I forgot about this book! I will eventually get to it but my reading has taken a hit lately:(

message 29: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48741 comments I will be starting tomorrow as well, Kristie. I just finished my current book. :)

message 30: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48741 comments Stephanie wrote: "I forgot about this book! I will eventually get to it but my reading has taken a hit lately:("

I hope you still join in on the conversation when you do get to it. Even if we've finished reading it, we'll be happy to chat with you about it.

message 31: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments Oh good, Janice. I will start today then. :)

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments Chapter 1: (view spoiler)

Chapter 3 - 4: (view spoiler)

Chapter 5: (view spoiler)

Chapter 6 - 7: (view spoiler)

message 33: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments Sarah - re: you're spoilers

chapter 3-4 (view spoiler)

chapter 5 (view spoiler)

message 34: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48741 comments I've read to the beginning of Chapter 15. I'm having a hard time getting a feel for Celeana's character. I think you can both read this spoiler. (view spoiler)

Maybe this book is too young for me. I'll continue on though. It's an easy read and I want to see how it all evolves. I'd like to learn more of the magic system that was destroyed and if it's going to be resurrected.

message 35: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48741 comments I'm at chapter 41. Things are getting tense. Things are heating up (view spoiler)

message 36: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments I fell behind today, but plan to read a lot tomorrow and the next day. I can't wait to read your spoilers!

message 37: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments Sarah wrote: "Chapter 6 - 7: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 38: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments Janice wrote: "I've read to the beginning of Chapter 15. I'm having a hard time getting a feel for Celeana's character. I think you can both read this spoiler. [spoilers removed]"

ch. 15 (view spoiler)

message 39: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48741 comments I finished the story, and I can see your POV, Kristie about Celeana's character. (view spoiler) Overall, I thought the story was too juvenile for my tastes. I gave it 3 stars because there were things that I liked about it - the final contest (view spoiler). It fell a bit flat for me.

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments I'm not sure how I feel about Celeana anymore, I agree (view spoiler)

Nehemia: (I'm up to Chapter 43) (view spoiler)

Magic: (view spoiler)

message 41: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janice (jamasc) | 48741 comments Nehemia is my favourite character in the book! I would have liked the book better if Maas hadn't introduced so much teen angst into it.

message 42: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments I'm at chapter 32 and so far I like Nehemiah. I can't read your spoilers at the moment, but I'll get back to them. I plan to read a lot tomorrow while traveling again too.

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments Okay, I've finished, there were parts of it I liked and parts that were a bit dull. I liked the magic elements nearer the end of the book and may continue to read the next book and see if there is more magic.

(view spoiler)

message 44: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments Hoping to finish today and read all the spoilers when I'm on my laptop. That's one of the things I wish you could do on the app.

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments How's the reading coming along Kristie? Oh I know, I wish the app would allow to see spoilers.

message 46: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments I finished yesterday, but was too exhausted to post!

I'm not sure how to rate this one yet. I enjoyed it, but knew who the "bad guy" was from the beginning. I think it is one that I would have enjoyed a lot more if I was younger. I do like the magic aspect and wish there had been more of that. It seems that there will be more in the future books. I think I will read the second one and see where it goes.

I hope it doesn't go into love triangle territory. It was right on that cusp this whole book and there are so many other story threads to follow.

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments It took a little thinking to decide what to rate it myself. Yes the book was a little predictable. I hope it doesn't go full blown love triangle either, I really dislike reading that.. urgh.

Would you like to read the second one together?

message 48: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments Sure :) As long as you don't mind waiting a bit. My May is crammed with reads already. One of my other groups is reading it in July, so late June or early to mid July works best for me.

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments We'll go with when works best for you. My May is packed up too and have nothing for June or July yet, which would you prefer?

message 50: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristie | 13587 comments End of June should work. Want to say the 29th again?

« previous 1

You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Magic Bites (other topics)