Reading with Style discussion

31 views
RwS Spring 2016 > 10.3 Bailey's Prize

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6140 comments 10.3-Bailey's Prize
Read a winner or a nominee of the Bailey's Prize.


message 2: by Lagullande (new)

Lagullande | 1029 comments Going by the link, it looks as though "nominee" means "short-listed"?

The longlist of 20 books for the 2016 Prize will be announced tomorrow, with the short-list following on 11 April. Will either of these qualify for this task?

(By the way, thanks so much for this task. It exactly suits one of my personal challenges which is to read all of the shortlisted books back to when the prize started.)


message 3: by Bea (new)

Bea | 1593 comments This task is to read the book, not the author - correct?


Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12312 comments Lagullande wrote: "Going by the link, it looks as though "nominee" means "short-listed"?

The longlist of 20 books for the 2016 Prize will be announced tomorrow, with the short-list following on 11 April. Will eithe..."


Yes as to shortlist. (Strangely, that column is "shortlisted nominees" - what were they thinking?)

Yes, the 2016 shortlisted titles will count for this task - thanks for telling us the specific date to watch out for.

Bea, yes this is for the specific titles only.


message 5: by Lagullande (new)

Lagullande | 1029 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Yes, the 2016 shortlisted titles will count for this task ."

Great news. And an added frisson/jeopardy when trying to predict which of the 20 will make the shortlist of 6.....

For anyone who's interested, the longlist announcement is slated for one minute past midnight (UK time).


Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12312 comments Lagullande wrote: "For anyone who's interested, the longlist announcement is slated for one minute past midnight (UK time). "

:-)))

Earlier here (3pm), I might take a look.


message 7: by Tien (last edited May 01, 2016 04:37PM) (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 2522 comments So... I've given up on The Goldfinch and I think I'm considering on giving up on A Spool of Blue Thread... HELP!

My last task for Mega Finish... not a good sign!


back to top