BooktubeSFF Awards discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived (2016) > #BooktubeSFF Babbles

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul (paul_sff) | 70 comments #BooktubeSFF Babbles is a way for the community at large to discuss science fiction and fantasy and become a closer community. We encourage everyone to join in on the fun and create content to celebrate BooktubeSFF. Commenting and discussing SFF is just as important as creating the videos too. This is completely voluntary but it will create a stronger SFF community as a whole.

#BooktubeSFF Babbles will run from March 3rd to April 28th. Each week will have a new discussion topic to make the video on. Videos should try to be uploaded on Thursday of each week but no problem if it goes up during another day of that week. This is a great way to join and be a part of the BooktubeSFF Awards.

Please use the hashtag #BooktubeSFF Babbles with a space between the two.

Video Topics:

March 3
#BooktubeSFF Babbles: Shortlist Plans.
What is your reaction to the shortlist? Which nominations have you read already? What did you think of them? Which ones are you planning on reading? Mention the Goodreads group to discuss works.

March 10
#BooktubeSFF Babbles: Overlooked Fantasy
Recommend a handful of overlooked fantasy books that you think should gain more exposure on Booktube.

March 17
#BooktubeSFF Babbles: BooktubeSFF Channel Recommendations
Recommend some BooktubeSFF creators.

March 24
#BooktubeSFF Babbles: Fantasy Favorites
A handful of your favorite fantasy books/series or authors.

March 31
#BooktubeSFF Babbles: Shortlist Progress
Which books have you read on the shortlist since the event started and what did you think of them? What did you nominate that didn't make the shortlist but you hope people will read?

April 7
#BooktubeSFF Babbles: Where to Start Science Fiction?
Getting into science fiction may seem intimidating at first. Suggest a handful of books that you believe is a good starting point for a new science fiction reader.

April 14
#BooktubeSFF Babbles: Overlooked Science Fiction
What are some overlooked science fiction books that you think should gain more exposure on Booktube?

April 21
#BooktubeSFF Babbles: Science Fiction Favorites
A handful of your favorite science fiction books/series or authors.

April 28
#BooktubeSFF Babbles: Final Thoughts on BooktubeSFF Shortlist
Give everyone your final thoughts on the books on the shortlist. Which ones did you like the most? Who is your personal winner in each category?

If some of these topics don't interest you, make your own interesting #BooktubeSFF Babbles video. The goal is to regularly have discussion about SFF during this time.

Thank you for your participation, we all appreciate it greatly.

message 2: by Nicole (last edited Feb 25, 2016 07:21PM) (new)

Nicole (nicolepo) | 107 comments Thanks for organizing this Paul! I'm not planning on doing the last video, but I will try and do all the others :)

Also, for those who don't make videos, writing a blog post or posting your responses to the prompts in this thread is cool too.

Jane (yesmissjane) (yesmissjane) | 40 comments this sounds like fun, Paul! I might even make some of these!!!

message 4: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (maybeandroid) Ooh, this is interesting. I will have to think about how to get it to work with my particular format, but I will try to give it a go.

message 5: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Wagner (sff180) | 49 comments Mod
Not going to do them all but some of the topics moving into April interest me more, and I may do a few of those.

message 6: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin (kool_kat_kitty) | 110 comments Mod
I'll definitely try to get involved with some of these :)

message 7: by Wil (new)

Wil  | 6 comments I am going to be using all of these on my blog! They are some greats topic ideas!

message 8: by Jane (yesmissjane) (last edited Mar 01, 2016 05:22PM) (new)

Jane (yesmissjane) (yesmissjane) | 40 comments OK! My first Babble vid is up! Shortlist plans: https://youtu.be/hte7ejH_nG0

message 9: by Paul (new)

Paul (paul_sff) | 70 comments Jane (yesmissjane) wrote: "OK! My first Babble vid is up! Shortlist plans: https://youtu.be/hte7ejH_nG0"

Woo! thanks Jane! could you also post the link here too: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... Thanks, watching it now!

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleyepidemic) | 2 comments I'm going to get in on this soon, but I think I'm going to do them on my blog rather than my channel.

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleyepidemic) | 2 comments I posted my first babble today. It was so hard to choose my favorite fantasy books. https://soipondered.wordpress.com/201...

message 12: by Anya (new)

Anya (starsanddragons) | 2 comments Since I'm late to the party, I think I'm going to go back and do a few of the older topics, hope that's okay!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.