Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Book & Series Discussions > What does "young adult" even mean?!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teymour (new)

Teymour Shahabi (teymourshahabi) Hello fellow YA readers / writers,

I just made a short YouTube video trying to define what "young adult" means... (What it is, and what it's not!) Would love your thoughts: how would you define YA?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjYDG...

Teymour Shahabi
www.youtube.com/PageWingChannel

message 2: by Elora (new)

Elora Mitchell Your video was a great description of what YA is and is not.
I'm a thirty-something who frequents the YA section of my library (and hardly ever the adult section). For me, in addition to what you mentioned about the stories resonating with so many people----YA tends to be easier to read and shorter than most adult works. And with most of us---we have jobs, families, responsibilities that keep us so consumed, that it's nice having a book that's easy to read, that will only take a few days to get through.

message 3: by Teymour (new)

Teymour Shahabi (teymourshahabi) Elora wrote: "Your video was a great description of what YA is and is not.
I'm a thirty-something who frequents the YA section of my library (and hardly ever the adult section). For me, in addition to what you m..."

Thanks Elora! I'm glad that you enjoyed the video... and that we agree about both the pleasures and the relevance of YA! Your point about ease of reading is very true... Simply getting older as readers doesn't increase our tolerance for slow and plodding books -- in fact, the opposite perhaps?