WHS Reads discussion

Choosing Books

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie Balen | 8 comments How do you choose books to read? What is your process?

message 2: by Bigol (new)

Bigol Swagbear My process is just looking for a book with a nice cover, and looking for the genre super natural.

message 3: by Jason (new)

Jason Mishibinijima I read the back of the book to see what it's about before I start to read the book. I will read it if it seems interesting

message 4: by Brayden (new)

Brayden Recollet I like to see if it is in a series and then read the back

message 5: by Miigwaanhs (new)

Miigwaanhs Pelletier I read the first chapter to see if i like the book

message 6: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette Pangowish I read the back and the flap things inside if it has dust covers. Sometimes, if I've heard of the author I'd just start reading it.

message 7: by Cruz (new)

Cruz Manitowabi I read the description and if It looks good to me, I'll read the first few chapters to see how it is.

message 8: by Charisma (new)

Charisma You click on "Want to Read" and click on the arrow beside it a press "choose files". After that, it will ask you if you already read, will read it someday, or your still reading it.

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley I look at the description and read a little bit of the book and if it interests me, I'll begin to read the book

message 10: by Olie (new)

Olie I ask someone who read it a brief summary of the book and the genre.

message 11: by Noah (new)

Noah I read 10- 15 pages and read the book summary in the back. I also look for similar authors.

message 12: by Rebecca (last edited Mar 01, 2016 02:43PM) (new)

Rebecca Wemigwans Julie wrote: "How do you choose books to read? What is your process?"
I choose books by reading the summary in the back of the book and reading two random pages. This helps me get a glimpse of what the book is about or what it's like. Also, I read 40-80 pages before I commit to finishing the book.

FerrisEshkawkogan I choose books by looking at genre and reading the first few pages.

message 14: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Wemigwans Bernadette wrote: "I read the back and the flap things inside if it has dust covers. Sometimes, if I've heard of the author I'd just start reading it."

This is a great technique. But what else can you do to pick a book in advance?

message 15: by Charisma (new)

Charisma I would look for the summary on the back of the book. If the story interests me, I will pick up the book and read it. Another reason for me to pick up a book would be because if it got good reviews or it’s popular.