What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Series about girl new to town and meets a group of teens who are involved in a murder

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rochon | 2 comments This has been driving me crazy, can't find it ANYWHERE. It's actually a series, maybe 4 books total?

The book starts with a girl who I believe was named Jenny, who moves in with her father. She starts school and meets a group of teens. She's attracted to one, named Guy (I believe that's his name). Two of the other teens look identical in dress and manner but are actually in a relationship, and the last is a red headed geek, possibly named Archie, whom no one likes.

They had a friend (possible name Ashley?) who has disappeared, but sends postcards and letters. She had a step-brother who was also in love with her. Jenny(?) discovers that the teens actually covered up Ashley's(?) death, and were covering it up by sending letters. Archie is blackmailing the group, and at some point he's dating a goth girl or something like that. He ends up dying in a cabin fire, the two identical looking teens murdered him, and it comes out that they had intentionally murdered Ashley(?) and played it like an accident. They also set their car on fire at some point to hide evidence.

Guy's(?) father is a doctor, and I remember that Guy and Jenny went to dinner on a first date and he wouldn't eat the Pork Moo Goo Gai Pan because of arterial clogging or something like that, haha. He also drove to Washington to post a letter from Ashley, and Jenny comments on the mileage distance. He also wants to be a doctor and helped cover it up to save his future, or something like that.

I love how I can remember all that info, but ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the name of the book/series. Please help! I never finished the last book :( I'm starting to think I hallucinated the entire thing haha.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Amanda, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 3: by Alex (last edited Feb 06, 2019 12:21AM) (new)

Alex | 242 comments Temptation Janice Harrell maybe? I know none of the names match up, but the plot is extremely similar. If she is still looking lol

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Temptation (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Janice Harrell (other topics)