Stacks Full Of Books discussion

Mockingjay > Chapters 19-21

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maddie, Co-Creator (new)

Maddie (maddie_heartfullofbooks) | 66 comments Mod
So, now we're officially in the thick of the war. There's bombs and armed nets and deaths and chaos...it's manic and my least favourite thing to read about it books.

Q: How do you feel about war as a theme in books?

Poor, poor, poor Peeta. The real-or-not-real game is really excellent, but it's so sad to see Peeta as just a shell of his former self. I especially liked it when Katniss listed all those little details about him, because, again, it confirmed that she feels the same way about him as he once did her. Katniss has a lot more emotions than I've given her credit for!

I don't know about you, but I feel constantly on edge while re-reading this. I wonder who's going to die next, and how soon...I'm almost scared to keep reading because we've only got a bit left and I know that some terrible stuff has to go down before the end.

Q: What do you think of President Coin?

I think we really got to see her thought processes, in keeping Peeta and getting rid of Katniss. She's never...President Snow-esque. Doing what she wants to do to help her own cause. I'm intrigued to see how this develops by the finale, because I can't remember the outcomes that well.

Up next: more war! ugh.

message 2: by Sarah, Co-Creator (new)

Sarah (stacksofsarah) | 52 comments Mod
I don't personally mind war as a theme in books, but I definitely prefer it as a platform for a character study or as a means to explore human resilience in the face or hardship rather than as some action driven, tension filled thing that makes it out to be glorious and exhilarating or some crap like that. The same applies to TV and films too.

As for president Coin, I think she's a right piece of work. Still, I've got to admire her ruthlessness and shrewd decision making, I guess. She's not one to back away from making a tough yet calculated decision if its for the good of the cause.

I can't believe we're nearly done! Part 3 is proving to be quite fast paced so far, but I am not prepared for the next three chapters!!!