S.S. Rebel Alliance (Silent Sustained Reading Discussions) discussion

Burn Book!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Hill | 30 comments Mod
You did it. You survived. If you found a book that you absolutely hated and do not think that others should read, write about it here. Tell us why. What makes it so bad? Was the grammar awful? Were the characters unbelievable? Did the plot have holes so large a semi-truck could drive through? Some books are bad and you are allowed to not like them.

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen | 3 comments Cat and the Hat sucked mad hardcore yo

message 3: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Hill | 30 comments Mod
Stephen wrote: "Cat and the Hat sucked mad hardcore yo"

You didn't read this for SSR. This does not count for your weekly discussion.

message 4: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Norvell | 1 comments I read a book called, "Heaven" wrote by Angela Johnson. I diddn't like this book because it was very confusing and went i felt that it took way to long to get to the actual story of the book. It diddn't make me picture the scene or imagine the characters.

message 5: by Tanner (new)

Tanner | 1 comments I read an article about the conspiracy theory of 9/11. Most of these that i read are written well and have alot of information etc. This one not so much. It was wrong from the start stating things that nobody has ever heard and just talking from the air. Basically it was one of the worst ive ever read and i didnt even finish it. Basically i give it a 2/10.

message 6: by Joselyn (new)

Joselyn Arthur | 2 comments I started reading the book "impossible", and let me tell you this book was impossible to read. This book was very confusing and even after 50 pages of reading it i still didn't know the point of the book. It was very back and forth with the plot and went from talking about one character to a totally different one with no transition and had nothing to do with what they were just talking about. I feel like this book was just a long run on sentence with no point to it at all. I would highly recommend spending your time not reading the book "impossible" by Nancy Werlin.

message 7: by Hunter (new)

Hunter Warren | 2 comments I am reading Child 44, it is a story that takes place during the cold war, it shows the soviets point of view during the war. This book is a burn book because the story just jumps around to different time periods during the war and it has no structure. The jumps make no sense and have no correlation with one another. It is just a stroy with multiple stories inside of it with each story have nothing to do with the other.

message 8: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Sosa | 2 comments Im reading "beyond the game" ,this book deserves to be on the burn book because there is not a lot of connections with the characters.

message 9: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Pecoul | 5 comments I am reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. This book has too many plot holes and doesn't prove the story to be true to the characters already created by J.K Rowling. Also, too many wild fanfiction thoughts were taken seriously. Even for a play, it is poorly written, and is not worth 15 mins of your time.

message 10: by Pablo (new)

Pablo Samaniego | 3 comments im am reading this book about nfl tight ends and i think it should be put on the burn books because it really confusing and hard to follow the story line since every single chapter deals with a different character. also the relationship between the characters isnt very distinct.

message 11: by Bob (new)

Bob | 2 comments I read a book about marijuana and a lot of the facts seemed made up. They said more people die each year from marijuana use than heroin and there has never been an overdose of THC reported since the plant was discovered. I didn't really learn anything and the facts that seemed accurate were just common sense.

message 12: by Alex (new)

Alex Pennington | 3 comments i read the book called heartless and the plot was really boring. I hated how all the characters were really predictable and you could guess what would happen. it only got interesting more than halfway through the book and even then it was still boring