A Good Thriller discussion

Group Read - Come And Join Us! > Group Reads - Upcoming Readalongs

Comments Showing 1-50 of 229 (229 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Janet  | 5683 comments Mod
I thought it would be good idea to mention what readalongs and q&a's we have coming up.

March
As we know will be a popular member within our group, David Staniforth with his latest thriller release, Void.

April
Hopefully Dave Edlund will be taking part.

May
We have Susan Fleet

June
We have author Andrew Barrett with his release, The Third Rule. Still available for free today on Amazon if you're quick!!

As further details are confirmed I will update.

Thanks.

message 2: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 1242 comments June should be good. I've read three of Andy Barrett's books, of which The Third Rule was first, and enjoyed them all. Not sure about that chap in March ;~)

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Barrett | 162 comments I'm very much looking forward to the June readalong. Thank you for inviting me.

And David, thank you very much indeed; I'll see you in March!

:)

message 4: by Sean, Moderator (last edited Mar 08, 2016 11:59AM) (new)

Sean Peters | 9186 comments Mod
Message from Dave Edlund.

As you see, if you want to be involved in April, Dave Edlund will be physically sending the book.

Greetings Sean. Just spoke with my publisher. They are waiting on the print run until they see what pre-orders amount to. That means I'll do this through a special POD order--no problem as the print files are ready.

The most direct action is for me to forward a list of readers with mailing address directly to my publisher. They would then ship directly to each reader, I'll pay the expense. Again, no charge to participating readers. Or, each name and address would be sent to me. Then I'll mail out the books. This latter option has more shipping costs, so is not preferred (but it is doable).

My question for you: can we manage the first option? About 2 weeks is required from the date the names/addresses are received until the book is in the hands of the reader.

Thank you. Sorry this is complicated. The challenge is that the official release date is at the end of April.

Cheers
Dave

message 5: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Hetzel | 122 comments MOD Janet, I'm rather new here so....
Have we been told what Edlund's book will be ? Thanks.

message 6: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Dave Edlund has wrote three Peter Savage books, the Readalong is for number 3.

Can be read alone, highly recommended, great action thriller books

Number 3 is Deadly Savage.

message 7: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 61 comments How do we sign up for the April read-along?

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann Girdharry (anngirdharry) | 317 comments Oh, yes, I'm interested too.
ditto Karen B's comment above.

message 9: by Janet , Moderator (new)

No sign up as such. I start a new thread when the readalong begins and the discussions begin. :)

message 10: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 1242 comments Are they perhaps meaning for the mailing list to get hold of the book, Janet?

message 11: by Ann (new)

Ann Girdharry (anngirdharry) | 317 comments Yes, it sounded to me as if the author/publisher intended to mail the books out - or have I misunderstood?

message 12: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Yes, see what you mean. I'd forgotten about Dave's post.

If any member is interested in reading Deadly Savage then you can private message me your name and address, I'll compile a mailing list which I'll then forward to Dave.

message 13: by Sean, Moderator (last edited Mar 10, 2016 06:14AM) (new)

Great idea Janet.

Amazing that he is going to send a physical copy to everyone that wants to join in.

1 book Crossing Savage

2 book Relentless Savage

3 book and readalong Deadly Savage.

message 14: by Sean, Moderator (new)

A little information of David

A member of the International Thriller Writers (ITW), Dave Edlund is a graduate of the University of Oregon with a doctoral degree in chemistry. A leading expert in energy, he is an inventor on 100 US Patents and more than 120 foreign patents. He has published more in excess of 100 technical articles and presentations, and has been an invited author of several technical books on alternative energy. An avid outdoorsman and shooter, he’s hunted throughout North America for big game ranging from wild boar to moose to bear. Edlund is a long-time resident of Bend, Oregon, where he lives with his wife, son, and four dogs (Lucy Liu, Murphy, Diesel, and Tenshi).

message 15: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Agreed, Sean. A generous offer.

message 16: by Dave (new)

Dave Edlund (dedlund) | 60 comments To all. Thank you for your interest in participating in the April readalong--DEADLY SAVAGE.

First, I assure all that I am not attempting to compile a database of contact information. If Janet is up for forwarding a list to me, perfect. Or, if readers are comfortable messaging me directly, that's OK too.

Please understand that I need to place the order for books by March 21.

This got complicated to a schedule delay from my publisher that pushed the official launch date to the end of April rather than the beginning of April as initially intended. This is why I can only provide paperback copies (contractual restrictions on the e-book prohibit early release). But it won't cost readers in this group anything (sorry, I have to limit this to US mailing addresses) and you'll have the book a month before general release.

Thank you for your understanding. Cheers!

message 17: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 61 comments Thank you Dave for your generous offer!

message 18: by Sean, Moderator (new)

A message has been sent to Dave, after talks between myself and Janet.

We are suggesting to delay Dave Readalong till his book is fuller available to all our readers worldwide, hopefully by e-book/kindle.

It will make things much easier for all, maybe around July-August, will confirm as soon as we can.

Thanks

message 19: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 61 comments that sounds good too. Thank you Sean and Janet

message 20: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Hetzel | 122 comments So, since we will have a wait for David's book until maybe July/ August, what will you be suggesting to us for our April BOTM? I SO enjoyed VOID, March BOTM !

message 21: by Sean, Moderator (new)

We are trying to move things around. Maybe Andrew will move forward from July, will try to keep you informed.

message 22: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Have a few authors in communication with who have joined the group, one about to, but hard to pin them down.

message 23: by Sean, Moderator (new)

I can confirm that Susan Fleet will be doing our May Readalong with her book Absolution.

Susan had to cancel late last year, and is now pleased to do May, and will be offering her book free for five days late April.

Susan is a busy and active member here, and we both share and love our film noir and of course the late 40's and 50's films and Robert Mitchum !

message 24: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 61 comments thank you Susan. Looking forward to reading Absolution

message 25: by Dave (new)

Dave Edlund (dedlund) | 60 comments Sean wrote: "I can confirm that Susan Fleet will be doing our May Readalong with her book Absolution.

Susan had to cancel late last year, and is now pleased to do May, and will be offering her book free for fi..."

Do we know when Ms. Fleet's novel will be on special pricing in late April? Looking forward to the readalong!

message 26: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Hetzel | 122 comments I just finished reading Absolution , and I think that we will have a very interesting discussion.

message 27: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 7938 comments Sneaky, sneaky Betsy. You underlined the title making me think it was a link. Naughty girl!

message 28: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Hetzel | 122 comments Hey Kirsten, I don't understand your comment.
As book titles are to be underlined, what's with thinking that it was a link.... to what?? Since I'm 75 years old, I haven't been called "naughty girl" in many moons ; that made my day :)

message 29: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 61 comments Betsy wrote: "Hey Kirsten, I don't understand your comment.
As book titles are to be underlined, what's with thinking that it was a link.... to what?? Since I'm 75 years old, I haven't been called "naughty girl..."

I'll try to create a link here.Absolution

message 30: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Dave and members

Susan's is doing a special, free book for 4-5 days , I think from 26th April to the 30th April, ready for May.

message 31: by Dave (new)

Dave Edlund (dedlund) | 60 comments Sean wrote: "Dave and members

Susan's is doing a special, free book for 4-5 days , I think from 26th April to the 30th April, ready for May."

Thanks Sean. I'll mark my calendar! Looking forward to the discussion.

message 32: by Stevie (new)

Stevie O'Connor (stevieoconnor) | 12 comments Sean wrote: "Dave and members

Susan's is doing a special, free book for 4-5 days , I think from 26th April to the 30th April, ready for May."

Sounds good to me! :)

message 33: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 7938 comments If anyone is on Kindle Unlimited, Absolution is part of that system.

message 34: by Sean, Moderator (new)

David, hopefully July looks best for you

with Andrew in June ?

message 35: by Dave (new)

Dave Edlund (dedlund) | 60 comments Sean wrote: "David, hopefully July looks best for you

with Andrew in June ?"

July is fine. A moderately hoppy microbrew would pair well with Deadly Savage, especially outdoors with some blooms and nearby greenery. Or, if beer is not your thing, I'd recommend a gin and tonic. Also, single malt scotches are perfect for an evening read.

message 36: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Thanks great David, and hopefully maybe a free E book just for five days end of June would be great as well, if possible.

I will contact Andrew for the same for June.

Awaiting for Readalongs with a few more authors. Hopefully replies and dates with

Victor Methos

Mark Dawson

Tom Bale

Joshua Hood

message 37: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 1242 comments Is the Andrew in June Andrew Barrett?

message 38: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Yes it is, just waiting confirmation.

And also sorting out with Joshua Hood whether a Readalong or just a Q & A.

(He works full time as a Swat police officer)(former Military)

message 39: by Sean, Moderator (new)

From Susan Fleet...

Hi Sean

Just to remind you, ABSOLUTION will be free, starting tomorrow, April 26, and remain free through Saturday, April 30.

Is there a thread for the read along and Q&A? If so, could you point me to it?

Thanks! Looking forward to the Q&A!!
Susan

message 40: by Janet , Moderator (new)

I'll get the necessaries set up later today.

message 41: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Hetzel | 122 comments To Susan, I have already read Absolution , and I am looking forward to our May discussion !!

message 42: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Hoping to get Tom Bale in August with his great book

"See How They Run"

Joshua Hood in September with his second book.

But have to go through their publishers and publicity managers.

Tom Bale says he is happy for August, but publicist waiting to hear back from for a freebie on the book?

message 43: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1392 comments Sean wrote: "Hoping to get Tom Bale in August with his great book

"See How They Run"

Joshua Hood in September with his second book.

But have to go through their publishers and publicity managers.

Tom Bale ..."

I hope though Joshua Hood will answer question about his first book too, or did I miss the Clear by Fire Q&A. As far as I know both books are interconnected or did I got it wrong?

message 44: by Sean, Moderator (new)

No, as he explained to me in a message.

By the time we get to do a Q &A his second book will be ready for release and his publishers will maybe help with a free book with his second book.

But if it all happens I am sure he will answer any questions on his first book, which I enjoyed.

message 45: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1392 comments Sean wrote: "No, as he explained to me in a message.

By the time we get to do a Q &A his second book will be ready for release and his publishers will maybe help with a free book with his second book.

But if ..."

Good to know since I got the first one today @ iTunes for 60% of the usual price. It was still almost 8 Euro, but that's much better than 13 Euro :-)

message 46: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Andrew Barrett book, see above will be free from May 26th to May 30th.

message 47: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Andrew Barrett's book, The Third Rule.

I'll get details updated. In between sneezing! Son donated his cold to me. How considerate! :-\

message 48: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 1242 comments Sean wrote: "Andrew Barrett book, see above will be free from May 26th to May 30th."

A great read this one. Well, I enjoyed it enough to buy the follow on books.

message 49: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 1242 comments Janet wrote: "Andrew Barrett's book, The Third Rule.

I'll get details updated. In between sneezing! Son donated his cold to me. How considerate! :-\"

I would give it back if I were you :-)

message 50: by Sean, Moderator (new)

That was very generous of your son Janet....LOL

« previous 1 3 4 5