The Lies That Bind - BR 26 Feb 16 - Ingela, RA, Rosa, Otila & Sofia

Comments Showing 1-50 of 154 (154 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Sofia (last edited Feb 25, 2016 10:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rosa, really Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Alona I'm jealous!!

Ingie Everybody lies..

photo image_zpst2nzlkyg.gif

This will be so fun. See you all tomorrow evening (24 hours from now over here).

Otila Yay!!

Oh, I better not slack off on this BR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zbJ4...

Sofia Alona wrote: "I'm jealous!!"

Please come and talk whilst we are reading Alona :D

Sofia Otila wrote: "Yay!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zbJ4..."

hahaha - don't make us go to that extreme girl.......

Ingie Otila wrote: "Yay!!

I promise, I promise!! I SHALL do it properly. **shaking**

Rosa, really Otila wrote: "Yay!!

I'm scared now. Somebody hold me!

Alona Sofia wrote: "Alona wrote: "I'm jealous!!"

Please come and talk whilst we are reading Alona :D"

Oh, I'll be watching you guys closely!
Thanks Sof!

* A Reader Obsessed * I jumped the gun a little this morning... (view spoiler) Why Marshall? Why??

Rosa, really Goddammit, R, you're already KILLING ME.

* A Reader Obsessed * lol. I just read the first chapter and won't be able to get back to it til tonight. I knew you'd commiserate with me :)

Sofia SOME PEOPLE have to work RA before they touch the book. Me included :D

Ingie I couldn't keep my fingers out of the cookie jar me neither. (Read the five first) ...Sorry!!

All these old memories of dear old 80:s are as always wonderful when reading about Nick. (I celebrated my 20 year birthday that year.)

It's a pretty clever scene with some computer diskettes. I was as clueless as Nick at the time. LoL!!

Portable Compac a la 1984:
 photo image_zps0iqnaytk.jpeg

Rosa, really Good lord, that looks old. But it's younger than I am, by some.

* A Reader Obsessed * See!!! I'm not the only one. Thank you Ing :)

But yes work will be impeding my progress. Grrr

Rosa, really I'm sitting here thinking of all the work shit I have to do before I leave for a little trip and if I can squeeze in an extra half hour to start. DAMN YOU, MARSHALL, AND YOU'RE EVIL, AWESOME BOOK WAYS! *shakes fist*

Sofia imagine lugging that compac around like we do our laptops :D

I'll catch up whilst you're working then RA :)

Ingie OMG, thanks for (free) Friday evenings and amazing new books.

photo image_zpsurdme6mu.gif

I'm usually the BR snail but I can't stop myself now. It's been a whole year since last time. (Oh dear Nick, it is so magnificent great to be with you once again.) I didn't knew I actually missed Boystown so very much.

# Have a nice trip Rosa. Will it be any time for Nick reading?
# Sofia and Are, I know you two and your speedy reading style.

* A Reader Obsessed * I'm not that speedy - Sofia is the champ. And then Rosa whips on by and I have to catch up.

Rosa... I still vote no work.

Ingie Haha! We will see. I bet I'm the last one to finish as always. :))))

Rosa, really Yeah, I'll read a little before sleepy times. Or a lot and no sleep. ;) Also, my friend has kids and I generally read while she gets them ready for bed. But I'm almost afraid to start for fear I'll ignore my friend and get in trouble! *bites nails*

Ingie There is a risk Rosa. Addictive books and friends are a clue. LoL!!

Ingie Nostalgia...

http://youtu.be/pIgZ7gMze7A - Wham!

photo image_zpssdyuioi1.gif

Do you hear? Now we have this old oldie to hum the rest of this weekend. Yay!!

* A Reader Obsessed * What is up with the no air conditioning?? This is the 80's, not the Stone Age.

Ingie R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "What is up with the no air conditioning?? This is the 80's, not the Stone Age."

Living in the more north of US you maybe didn't install air conditioning in all houses back then. Or still? (view spoiler)

Ingie Anyone more than I reading!
How far are you Are?
Sofia, Rosa and Otila - have you three started yet?

* A Reader Obsessed * Yes there's still places that probably have no air but I'm just uncomfortable for them!!

This is a pretty snarky read so far. I'm at 36%.

message 30: by Ingie (last edited Feb 26, 2016 09:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie Yeah, and more snarky (and heart wrenching) it gets. But I'm stunned and can't stop. At 52%. :)

Ingie Your feelings about the scene you just read? (view spoiler)

* A Reader Obsessed * So true Ingela. (view spoiler)

Ingie True. (view spoiler).

LenaRibka Ingela wrote: "Your feelings about the scene you just read? [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Ingie Lena♥Ribka wrote: "..."

Hearts, flowers and a pink sky. Haha!

message 36: by Ingie (last edited Feb 27, 2016 12:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie One can not but wonder how life worked before the Internet. Especially PI investigations stuff.

Sofia Ingela wrote: "R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "What is up with the no air conditioning?? This is the 80's, not the Stone Age."

Living in the more north of US you maybe didn't install air conditioning in all hous..."

Even here where it's hot for a great part of the year, ac are only now becoming the norm. I still don't have it in our home. Just in the car.

Sofia Ingela wrote: "Anyone more than I reading!
How far are you Are?
Sofia, Rosa and Otila - have you three started yet?"

Sorry for not being here Ingie, yesterday I kept having trouble with my internet connection, it kept coming and going.

I'm at end of chap 5 - Nick is on a roll as usual (view spoiler)

Sofia going to do chores and dentist again and then reading :D

I have my work cut out trying to keep up with you on this one Ingie & RA :D

Rosa, really Ingela wrote: "Anyone more than I reading!
How far are you Are?
Sofia, Rosa and Otila - have you three started yet?"

Ugh, no, I haven't started yet! But for once it's not me being a bad BR buddy, I just haven't had the time. Now it's 330am & I'm wide awake as usual. :P Anyway, it's the type of series I don't want to start until i can give it my FULL attention. Which won't be for another 12 hours or so. You're gonna be done by then! :(

Rosa, really Okay, I caved & read the first page. (view spoiler)

Sofia It is too much to ask Rosa - he is going to bug you right till the end :D

Sofia 23%

3 way (view spoiler)

* A Reader Obsessed * Sofia I think that was totally on screen - H watched.

Some of these characters are really amazingly stupid - Christian - I'm looking at you. And Bobby makes a reappearance (you'll know what I mean when you get there).

At 65% - everyone will just have to comment as they go along

* A Reader Obsessed * Ingela wrote: "One can not but wonder how life worked before the Internet. Especially PI investigations stuff."

Can you believe they had to use the telephone book?? And payphones?? It's just so funny because we had to use them too - like prepaid phone cards and thumbing through the damn card catalog! Now everything is at a click of a button.

Sofia Ingela wrote: "Nostalgia...

http://youtu.be/pIgZ7gMze7A - Wham!

Do you hear? Now we have this old oldie to hum the rest of this weekend. Yay!!"

George in shorts :D

Ingie Dear old George. Aahhh!! — It is fun to realize but your "cute men" taste really change. Not to forget your taste for clothes, maximized suntan, hairstyle and colorful colors. — Or is it the age? LoL!!

Back home, at 61% and will continue.

Ingie Am I too little resentful? Sure, I remember Christian isn't a favorite character, but I haven't so much old inner anger and resentment left for him. Remember, he's just a stupid young boy with a short dumb nose. ~ Or? ...We will see.

Glad to see you too Rosa.
What about Otila?

Ingie Sofia wrote: "23% 3 way [spoilers removed]"

Didn't remember it neither. :)

message 50: by Ingie (last edited Feb 27, 2016 08:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "... Some of these characters are really amazingly stupid - Christian - I'm looking at you. And Bobby makes a reappearance (you'll know what I mean..."

Who was Bobby?

« previous 1 3 4