FoCo Readers discussion

Book Club > Almost Famous Women: Stories by Megan Mayhew Bergman

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evan (last edited Feb 25, 2016 09:13AM) (new)

Evan | 118 comments And the winner for our March read is: Almost Famous Women by Megan Mayhew Bergman. I will order in copies soon. Please let me know if you'd like me to set one aside for you. Copies will be $10. The discussion will be April 6th at 7:30 at the Publick House.

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol Johnson | 10 comments Hi Evan, Please order me a copy.

message 3: by Evan (new)

Evan | 118 comments Will do. Thanks, Carol!

message 4: by Evan (new)

Evan | 118 comments Aimee and I were chatting at the store today about the various books suggested for our Women's History Month theme. Another book that had come to mind when I was compiling the poll was We Should All be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. The only reason I didn't suggest it as a book pick was simply that it is so short. Aimee made a great suggestion though, that it could be an optional supplement for our discussion. It was originally a TED Talk. If you'd like to check it out, you can see the talk here: http://tedxtalks.ted.com/video/We-sho.... Thanks for the suggestion, Aimee!

message 5: by Evan (new)

Evan | 118 comments Our next discussion is almost here. This Wednesday at 7:30 we will discuss Almost Famous Women. We've had a venue change though! We will meet at the bookstore instead of the Publick House. See you Wednesday! In the meantime, cast your vote for a poetry month selection!

message 6: by Maria (new)

Maria (missmia277) | 39 comments I won't be able to make this meeting. Have fun, everyone!

message 7: by Evan (new)

Evan | 118 comments Bummer! Sorry you can't make it, Maria. I hope you can come to the next one!

message 8: by Evan (new)

Evan | 118 comments Discussion tonight, 7:30, at the bookstore! Books, basement, beer! Be there!