Play Book Tag discussion

Night  (The Night Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Night
February 2016: World War II > Night by Elie Wiesel - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kristal | 35 comments While perusing reviews by others on this story, I was astounded at the fierceness and deep anguish this slim novel created in people. And the disbelief of these atrocities having ever occurred in human history is unthinkable.

As for the story, there were times when I though that it was a little unfinished, things were choppy, characters not well defined. And then I remembered, this was not written by an author trying to describe an event that happened many years ago, these were the thoughts and emotions of one who survived this horrific ordeal, made it through and tries to pick the pieces of his broken life up and carefully put them back together again.

message 2: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7206 comments This sounds like a powerful book, then. I think that sometimes it's hard for people to believe these things because they are so horrible and it's hard to imagine that there are people capable of such atrocities.

Kristal | 35 comments I hold by the statement: Question Everything. But when sufficient evidence is found, what is there to question? I guess I'm angry that people can deny the pain and suffering that took place. Which brings me to another truth I believe in: History has a way of repeating itself. Which is why I take a personal effort to teach my kids history that the public schools are neglecting.

**Off my soapbox now**

message 4: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7206 comments Kristal wrote: "I hold by the statement: Question Everything. But when sufficient evidence is found, what is there to question? I guess I'm angry that people can deny the pain and suffering that took place. Which ..."

I understand. I question everything. While I don't think that every atrocity I read about from WW II is true, there is no denying that there were horrible atrocities committed. None of my family was involved in WW II, but my grandparents did grow up during a time of revolutions and ended up fleeing to Canada.