/r/Fantasy Discussion Group discussion

General > Nominating indies?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Benedict (new)

Benedict Patrick (benedictpatrick) | 12 comments Hey - as a newbie in Feb I didn't nominate this month, but was wondering how people feel about indie author nominations in the group? (Not for me or a friend etc. - just an author I've enjoyed and would like more people to experience)

message 2: by Joel (new)

Joel (deliriumtrigger) | 312 comments Nominating indies is fine, as long as we don't vote stack (ie recruit people to vote in the poll or nominations).

We also have an indie author and normal author promotional thread.

message 3: by Benedict (new)

Benedict Patrick (benedictpatrick) | 12 comments Understood. This would just be a nomination as a fan. I've been in touch with the author in the past, but only to let them know how much I enjoyed their work.

message 4: by Benedict (new)

Benedict Patrick (benedictpatrick) | 12 comments Understood. This would just be a nomination as a fan. I've been in touch with the author in the past, but only to let them know how much I enjoyed their work.

message 5: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe Prince (HDLynn) | 11 comments I'm fine with nominating any work that's quality. It's easier to nominate or recommend a work when a theme is suggested, IMHO. There's a YA group that had a 'virus/plague' theme read, and I seconded a very popular book and also recommended an indie book that fits the theme.