Sci-Fi, fantasy and speculative Indie Authors Review discussion

Dissecting Dragons Podcast

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Ironside (julesanneironside) | 653 comments Mod
Hi Crew mates :)

It occurred to me that I don't really promote anything of mine here and I thought I would (kinda) break that rule on this occasion.

My fellow Indie Author, M.E. Vaughan, and I have started a podcast that looks at all aspects of writing and reading Specuative fiction. (So sci-fi, fantasy, horror, steampunk, paranormal, supernatural... you name it, if it's got a speculative slant or twist we will be discussing it.)

Anywhoo, I thought some of the good folks here might be interested so I am posting this link for you to check out:

http://dissectingdragons.podbean.com/

We have three episodes up so far. Next week our first guest episode will be released - watch out for it on 4th March 2016.

It's an absolute blast and is turning out to be really popular. At present we're sorting out a schedule for the next few months but if any of you who have a listen, like what you hear and feel you could bring something to the discussion as a guest, feel free to drop me a PM. I can't promise a guest spot but if you've got something to add and fancy an appearance on a podcast, it's definitely worth a shot... before we hit it really big, of course ;) lol

Any comments or feedback would also be most welcome.

Thanks, guys and I hope you enjoy the show.

PS if you are considering being a guest, yes it is a chance to promote your books but we focus each episode on a topic and work around that, so it wouldn't ever be just an author interview or just promotion. On the other hand, people like to hear their authors and make contact in this way so you'll probably see an increase in sales just from coming on the show and mentioning them once. (We did!) The important thing is to have fun and talk about what you love ie books/writing/sff etc

As you were ;)

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan Marcus When I wanted to learn more about dragons in mythologies, traditions, and contemporary writings, I turned to other authors, to D and D manuals, to websites, and to strange books on dragonology. Then I consulted my own imagination before crafting particular dragons for the narrative of my novel, Malevir: Dragons Return. Does your podcast ever actually consider the subject of dragons in contemporary fiction?

message 3: by J.A. (new)

We will be discussing dragons both in myth, traditional tales and comtemporary stories in a future episode.

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan Marcus Glad to hear it. Please keep us posted.

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Napier (rosered97) | 9 comments What an awesome idea. I actually got the idea for one of my books from an online conversation about dragons. Someone commented that the reason dragon stories tend to be set in medieval type places is that modern weaponry would neutralize them too quickly. I got to thinking that dragons could still work in an urban setting if they were smaller and sneakier, like coyotes. I'll definitely be checking this out.

message 6: by J.A. (new)

Thanks. Really hope you enjoy the show. We're very interested in comments, suggestions and feedback if you have time :)

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan Marcus When is the next podcast happening?

message 8: by J.A. (new)

We have six available for down load now. They are released weekly on a Friday.