Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS) discussion

Tom Fallwell
This topic is about Tom Fallwell
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2016 Archives > The Rangers of Laerean series by Tom Fallwell

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (last edited Feb 29, 2016 02:01PM) (new)

Tom Fallwell Tom Fallwell My name is Tom Fallwell and I'm a fantasy author.

Book #2 of my series, Rangers of Laerean, was released Feb. 1st, 2016. The Ranger series is epic fantasy adventure that I think many will enjoy. The birth of this series came from two directions.

The first is my love of Tolkien and fantasy world building. Tolkien has always been my inspiration for the world I created in the past for RPG gaming. I have always wanted to write, but my career did not afford me to time to do so. Now that I have retired from that career as a software developer, I have the time to write.

Second was a story created in the late '80s during the big black and white comic boom. Although it never became popular, I was writing a story for a B&W Comic called Dark Regions. I had invested much in the characters, and have always wanted to write more about them.

So, when I decided to create a fantasy world of my own, the Lands of Hir, I naturally wanted to populate it with characters I knew veyr well. Rather than continue what was happening in the comics, however, I put my characters into a new world and centered it around a group of legendary heroes, the Rangers of Laerean.

So, welcome to my world, the world of Hir. Read some of the lore and history of Hir in the Ranger Archives on my website. Visit my Book Store and browse my books. Welcome to my world.

A Whisper In The Shadows (Rangers of Laerean, #1) by Tom Fallwell Where Shadows Fall (Rangers of Laerean, #2) by Tom Fallwell

Map Key: #Fantasy

message 2: by Tom (last edited Apr 08, 2016 06:35AM) (new)

Tom Fallwell Subscribers to my mailing list, Readers & Fans of Tom Fallwell, will get free and exclusive access to my new monthly series, The Chronicles of Hir. This series relates the past lore and crucial events that shaped the world of the Rangers of Laerean, and it is free to subscribers only. Click here to subscribe and start enjoying this free monthly series. The first installment will be available later this month.

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom Fallwell A Whisper In The Shadows is now available as an audio book. Listen to the story come to life with the fantastic storytelling and voice acting skills of Douglas Pullar. Available on Amazon, Audible and iTunes.
A Whisper In The Shadows (Rangers of Laerean, #1) by Tom Fallwell

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom Fallwell Welcome to my booth and if you have any questions, ask away. I will be here, or nearby, most of the day.

message 5: by Wordwizard (new)

Wordwizard (wordwizardw) | 29 comments The link to subscribe goes somewhere else completely.

message 6: by Tom (new)

Tom Fallwell Wordwizard wrote: "The link to subscribe goes somewhere else completely."

Ooops. Sorry about that. Fixed now. Thank you. :)

message 7: by Tom (new)

Tom Fallwell Brain to Books Cyber Convention Special Offer! Get two books from my Rangers of Laerean series for one, low price! This offer is only available through this special posting and can only be obtained directly from the author. That's me.

This weekend only, though Midnight Sunday CDT, get A Whisper In The Shadows and Where Shadows Fall, the digital versions, for only $4.00! That's right, two complete novels with high star ratings for only $4.00. This weekend ONLY!

To order, PM me, Tom Fallwell, for a PayPal invoice, or contact me using the Contact form on my website with the Subject "B2B Special Offer" and I will email you an invoice via PayPal. Once paid, I will email both books to you in your choice of Kindle, PUB or PDF format.

Don't forget, this offer ends Sunday (4/10/2016) at Midnight CDT. Your request must be received before that time in order to qualify for this offer. Order Now!

A Whisper In The Shadows (Rangers of Laerean, #1) by Tom Fallwell Where Shadows Fall (Rangers of Laerean, #2) by Tom Fallwell

message 8: by Markie (new)

Markie (httpsgoodreadscommarkie_madden) | 60 comments *waving from a corner booth* Hi Tom!

message 9: by Tom (new)

Tom Fallwell Hey there! How are you? :)

message 10: by Markie (new)

Markie (httpsgoodreadscommarkie_madden) | 60 comments I'm good! Thought I was going to be under the weather for this, but (knocks on wood) I'm feeling okay today!

message 11: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine | 53 comments Popping in to say Hi... :)

so much to do! so much to see!

message 12: by Tom (new)

Tom Fallwell Keep on feeling better. Hi, Rainne!

message 13: by Tom (new)

Tom Fallwell I'm doing a live interview with Kori Miller in about 45 minutes, for anyone who might be interested. Go here.

message 14: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca McCray (RebPai) | 21 comments Hi Tom. I hope you're having a good time at the convention.

message 15: by Tom (new)

Tom Fallwell Great times! :)

message 16: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 59 comments I enjoyed your blab last night! Looking forward to giving Where Shadows Fall a go!

message 17: by Tom (new)

Tom Fallwell Hi. Thank you. I hope you enjoy it. :)

message 18: by Les (new)

Les | 27 comments Tom,

Finally got around to touring the fairgrounds and found your booth.
How goes it?

Here's a portal over to my booth, and feel free to build one of your own over on my site.

portal to Les' booth

message 19: by J.S. (last edited Apr 10, 2016 02:33PM) (new)

J.S. Burke | 73 comments Tom, great booth! Stop by sometime. Here's my portal: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 20: by Tom (new)

Tom Fallwell Hi Les. What's a portal, and how do I make one? Well, I know I link to the url, but where does the image come from?

message 21: by Tom (new)

Tom Fallwell J.S. wrote: "Tom, great booth! Stop by sometime. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

I went over and checked yours out and left you a hello. Nice to see you. :)

message 22: by Les (new)

Les | 27 comments Tom wrote: "Hi Les. What's a portal, and how do I make one? Well, I know I link to the url, but where does the image come from?"

The image is hosted offsite and just pointed to with HTML.

(a href="https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...")
( img src="https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/phot..." alt="portal to Les' booth" class="gr-hostedUserImg") ( /a)

Replace parenthesis with angle brackets and change the link and you should be good to go.

message 23: by Tom (new)

Tom Fallwell Ah well, it's almost over now. Also, not sure why, but I was somehow kicked out of the map. I don't show up at all under Fantasy. But, no problem. I had a great time! :)

message 24: by Tom (new)

Tom Fallwell It's not a problem. There was so much to do, I couldn't get to everything anyway. Awesome convention! :)

message 25: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 59 comments I had the same problem at one point, but it is all good! It was great meeting you Tom!

message 26: by Tom (new)

Tom Fallwell David wrote: "awesome to meet you Tom"

Likewise. :)

message 27: by Tom (new)

Tom Fallwell Heidi wrote: "I had the same problem at one point, but it is all good! It was great meeting you Tom!"

You too. Thanks. :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.