The Reader's Bar discussion

Open for Discussion > March Book Discussion-Best Kept Secrets

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise (new)

Denise | 1410 comments Mod
Please post comments about this book below. Happy reading!

message 2: by Denise (new)

Everyone, I spoke with the author of this book and she is willing to schedule a time to come online to discuss this book with us. What day and time would work best for everyone? I am thinking sometime after the 21st. That way everyone will have a chance to get the book and read it.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Denise: The date sounds good. I reserved and should have it and read by that date.

message 4: by Denise (new)

Does March 21 work for everyone? If so, I will propose it to the author and get her feedback.

message 5: by Denise (new)

MsG wrote: "Denise: The date sounds good. I reserved and should have it and read by that date."

Great! Thanks

message 6: by Denise (new)

Anyone start reading this one? If so, what are your first impressions?

message 7: by Denise (new)

Denise wrote: "Does March 21 work for everyone? If so, I will propose it to the author and get her feedback."

What do you think of having the author of this book stopping by our group to participate in our discussion on March 21?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Denise wrote: "Anyone start reading this one? If so, what are your first impressions?"

Still waiting for a copy.

message 9: by Denise (new)

What do you think of Leila and Evan?

message 10: by Denise (new)

Anyone start reading this book? What are your thoughts?

message 11: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Alleyne | 75 comments I finished reading the book (yay me, it's a great "escape" book so i stayed up until 1 a.m. this morning to finish). Evan appears to have a lot of expectations on his shoulder, he is always conscious of his family's legacy and doing the right thing to make his family look good. Even if it's not the right thing for his family. Leila is clueless as to what's going on around her for a lot of the book, she seems to be naive and easily fooled by people.

message 12: by Denise (new)

Yes, Evan seemed to be suffering from the older child syndrome. Leila definitely had a hard time reading the writing on the wall. lol

message 13: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Alleyne | 75 comments Good point about the older child syndrome. It is a popular theme in life, even as adults some of us strive to live up to these lofty expectations set by people with their own agenda and not doing what makes us happy.

message 14: by Denise (new)

Do you think that Evan was right to treat Leila the way that he did in the beginning of the book?

message 15: by Denise (new)

Carolyn wrote: "Good point about the older child syndrome. It is a popular theme in life, even as adults some of us strive to live up to these lofty expectations set by people with their own agenda and not doing w..."

Yes, exactly. That theme seemed to follow Evan in every part of his life.

message 16: by Denise (new)

The Player & the Game, the 2nd installment of the Gibbons Gold Digger series, written by Shelly Ellis is now on sale on Amazon and Barnes and Noble for $1.99.

message 17: by Denise (new)

What do you think of the author's writing style?

message 18: by Denise (new)

What do you think of Paulette's mother-in-law? Do you think that she is going to far?

message 19: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Alleyne | 75 comments Yes she is going too far and I blame her husband. The best way to break up a marriage is to have a 3rd party involved, it doesn't matter who that person is.

message 20: by Denise (new)

Carolyn wrote: "Yes she is going too far and I blame her husband. The best way to break up a marriage is to have a 3rd party involved, it doesn't matter who that person is."

Yeah, I thought that she was too involved. What did you think of her thoughts on a woman's role in a relationship?

message 21: by Denise (new)

How would you have handled things if you were Paulette? Did she make the right choice?

message 22: by Denise (new)

How is everyone going with this book?