Romance Audiobooks discussion

Audiobook Sales > Bargain Audiobook Sales V

Comments Showing 1-50 of 187 (187 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Oct 27, 2019 02:22AM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4419 comments Mod
This thread is for posting audiobook sales for all booksellers.

message 2: by ms bookjunkie (new)

ms bookjunkie (msbookjunkie) | 89 comments Audible is having a members-only sale of "top-rated best-selling books" for $5.95 each.

(I seem to already own the audiobooks that interest me.)

message 3: by Sue (last edited Mar 13, 2016 06:40AM) (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Audible is having a 3 for 2 sale through March 17th I saw several titles I would be interested in...

I'd love some recommendations if anyone is browsing... I saw Lorretta Chase and Mary Balogh included....

message 4: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Sue wrote: "Audible is having a 3 for 2 sale through March 17th I saw several titles I would be interested in...

I'd love some recommendations if anyone is browsing... I saw Lorretta Chase and Mary Balogh inc..."

Another sale with slim pickings- sigh. I did enjoy reading The Paid Companion (Amanda Quick) -the narrator is new to me. I liked the entire Virgin River series (Robin Carr) and Therese Plummer did a good job. I also read and liked the Bride Quartet series (Nora Roberts) but am unfamiliar with Emily Durante. I am currently listening to Miss Wonderful and am tempted by Mr. Impossible.

message 5: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments There is a Jane Yellowrock short story free at Audible, for those who are following her series.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fant...

message 6: by Lara (new)

Lara | 81 comments JaneA wrote: "There is a Jane Yellowrock short story free at Audible, for those who are following her series.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fant..."

Thank you!

message 7: by Vi ~ Inkvotary (new)

Vi ~ Inkvotary (inkvotary) | 9 comments JaneA wrote: "There is a Jane Yellowrock short story free at Audible, for those who are following her series.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fant..."

Is this a real free one, or only a try to get people into signing up for that 30 day free trial? That´s not quite clear to see on the website of audible.

message 8: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Vi wrote: "Is this a real free one, or only a try to get people into signing up for that 30 day free trial? That´s not quite clear to see on the website of audible. "

Hmm, I'm not sure because I have an Audible membership and it was free for me. Maybe someone else can look?

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

You have to have an Audible profile, which doesn't mean you have to have a paid membership. It's free for everyone, member or not.

Have you tried purchasing it via Amazon?

message 10: by Vi ~ Inkvotary (new)

Vi ~ Inkvotary (inkvotary) | 9 comments Jonetta wrote: "You have to have an Audible profile, which doesn't mean you have to have a paid membership. It's free for everyone, member or not.

Have you tried purchasing it via Amazon?"

No, I have not. But it seems that it is really for free. Just got it *yay*

message 11: by Lara (new)

Lara | 81 comments Yes, I bought it directly from Audible for free.

message 12: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn is the audible daily deal for $3.95 today only. I read this one and adored it, but I haven't listened to it in audio yet.

message 13: by Lee (last edited Apr 03, 2016 07:34AM) (new)

Lee | 484 comments Audible sale through April 7: Buy 2 books for 1 credit. As always, watch for books you own or can borrow that are WhisperSync for a cheaper price than BOGO

message 14: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Lee wrote: "Audible sale through April 7: Buy 2 books for 1 credit. As always, watch for books you own or can borrow that are WhisperSync for a cheaper price than BOGO"

OK- I went a little crazy and spent all 4 of my current credits for 8 audiobooks. Most I have read and/or listened to before and wanted my own copy or a couple are authors I just like and want to read/listen to more.
The Unsung Hero is one I have listened to before but I am on a slow quest to own the entire series in both paperback and audio.
2 Molly Harper's (Better Homes and Hauntings and A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses) are part of my on-going enjoyment of her writing and Amanda Ronconi's narration.
Then Came You, Love Bites, At Peace and Mischief are all old favorites.
Jill Mansell is a fairly new-to-me author so getting Don't Want to Miss a Thing was a leap of faith that I would enjoy her in audio as well.

message 15: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments What Angels Fear (Sebastian St. Cyr, #1) by C.S. Harris is today's Daily Deal ($3.95) I've had it on my wishlist for ages so I'm glad to finally get it.

message 16: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (jlpearcy1010) | 235 comments Audible has a sale going on I guess, since my wish list books are all discounted. It might be a good time to do pre-orders on those books I'm wanting. Some are now cheaper than using a credit would be. Not sure if only certain categories are on sale or all of them, but you might want to take a look!

message 17: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Jamie wrote: "Audible has a sale going on I guess, since my wish list books are all discounted. It might be a good time to do pre-orders on those books I'm wanting. Some are now cheaper than using a credit would..."

Is this where I say "get thee behind me, Satan"? :-)

message 18: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 535 comments Lmao Jamie. Yup, they are having a 50% off your wish list and everything else sale. This could get expensive lol.

Lee, you are just in trouble.

message 19: by Sue (last edited Apr 29, 2016 08:45AM) (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Today, The Selection series by Kiera Cass is on sale 4.95 per audio. Her new release is coming out and they put all the prior books on sale.

Audible Link

message 20: by Lee (last edited Jun 05, 2016 07:19AM) (new)

Lee | 484 comments Audible is having a small Editor's Pick sale. Surprisingly, the Romance 15 book selection is worth checking out. I have either read or listened to most of these romances plus one, Laura Kinsale's Midsummer Moon, is on my wish list. Outlander for $4.95- well worth a look! Mysteries and Thrillers looks pretty good as well.

message 21: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Lee wrote: "Audible is having a small Editor's Pick sale. Surprisingly, the Romance 15 book selection is worth checking out. I have either read or listened to most of these romances plus one, Laura Kinsale's [..."

You right, I only have to cross check if I'd read a few titles I'm eying... At least half the titles I've already read or listened to... good buy for Kinsale or Gabaldon (top notch narrators associated with them). (Only bad thing is that until you add it your "cart" does it indicate if you already own it, no worries but a bit of a bother).

message 22: by ms bookjunkie (new)

ms bookjunkie (msbookjunkie) | 89 comments Lee wrote: "Audible is having a small Editor's Pick sale."

Can you post a link to the sale? Pretty please? I'm not getting any notice of it.

message 23: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments ms bookjunkie wrote: "Lee wrote: "Audible is having a small Editor's Pick sale."

Can you post a link to the sale? Pretty please? I'm not getting any notice of it."

I think this should work.

http://www.audible.com/mt/EPS2016-Shruti

message 24: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments I'm pretty sure you have to be an Audible subscriber to take advantage of the sale.

message 25: by Ingie (new)

Ingie I found a bunch of books I wanted:

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper The Arrangement (The Survivors' Club #2) by Mary Balogh The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer Mr. Impossible (Carsington Brothers, #2) by Loretta Chase First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones Midsummer Moon by Laura Kinsale
..and two not romances The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher

More than usual on Audible sales. Just need to choose now.

message 26: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments JaneA wrote: "I'm pretty sure you have to be an Audible subscriber to take advantage of the sale."

Yes, I should have mentioned that- sorry!

message 27: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Lee wrote: "JaneA wrote: "I'm pretty sure you have to be an Audible subscriber to take advantage of the sale."

Yes, I should have mentioned that- sorry!"

I'm a member, I just figured if someone can't see it then they are probably not eligible. Nice to see such a great selection!

message 28: by ms bookjunkie (last edited Jun 05, 2016 12:45PM) (new)

ms bookjunkie (msbookjunkie) | 89 comments Moriah wrote: "I think this should work."

Thank you, it works! (I'm a platinum member but can find no notice or hint of the sale when I scour the Audible site by myself… o_O)

ETA: I finally found an Audible announcement about the sale…on Twitter!

message 29: by Moriah (last edited Jul 25, 2016 02:58PM) (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Every Beat of My Heart by Bella Andre is free until August 9th at Audible.

http://www.audible.com/mt/BellaAndre?...

message 30: by ms bookjunkie (new)

ms bookjunkie (msbookjunkie) | 89 comments Audible is having a "use 4 credits before 29 July, get a $10 coupon" encouragement thing.

message 31: by Lilmissmolly (new)

Lilmissmolly | 58 comments ms bookjunkie wrote: "Audible is having a "use 4 credits before 29 July, get a $10 coupon" encouragement thing."

Do you have a link to the page or quote from an email? I didn't get an email about it and have 8 credits. Thx!

message 32: by ms bookjunkie (new)

ms bookjunkie (msbookjunkie) | 89 comments Lilmissmolly wrote: "Do you have a link to the page or quote from an email? I didn't get an email about ..."

https://www.audible.com/mt/XCJuly16

message 33: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Now if I just had 4 credits... :)

I guess they're no longer doing the 4 books for a $10 coupon deal. Too bad!

message 34: by Jonetta (new)

Lilmissmolly, how do you get to accumulate 8 credits? I'm limited to 6.

message 35: by Lilmissmolly (new)

Lilmissmolly | 58 comments Jonetta wrote: "Lilmissmolly, how do you get to accumulate 8 credits? I'm limited to 6."
I buy them all at once - usually 24 at a time b/c their cheaper.

message 36: by Lilmissmolly (new)

Lilmissmolly | 58 comments ms bookjunkie wrote: "Lilmissmolly wrote: "Do you have a link to the page or quote from an email? I didn't get an email about ..."

https://www.audible.com/mt/XCJuly16"

Thank you for the link! I just bought 4 from my wish list. Hopefully the $10 credit will be added to the account within the week.

message 37: by ms bookjunkie (new)

ms bookjunkie (msbookjunkie) | 89 comments Lilmissmolly wrote: "Hopefully the $10 credit will be added to the account within the week. "

From the Audible email: "Your coupon for $10 USD will be dropped into your account no later than August 6, 2016. The coupon will expire on September 7, 2016."

message 38: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 535 comments Jonetta, it depends on the membership. I do Platinum because it brings the price of a book below $10. I can roll over 12 credits.

message 39: by Jonetta (new)

Thanks for clarifying, Dawn.

message 40: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments This may only marginally qualify as a mention here, but As You Wish Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride is Audible's Daily Deal for $3.95. I snapped it up, I adore this movie!

message 41: by Linda (new)

Linda (blondieblack) | 92 comments I read the book and it was great! I'm betting you'll love the audio....

message 42: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Linda wrote: "I read the book and it was great! I'm betting you'll love the audio...."

:)

message 43: by ms bookjunkie (new)

ms bookjunkie (msbookjunkie) | 89 comments Audible is having a Much-Loved Listens get-2-books-for-just-1-credit Sale containing really good stuff! And you can buy a credit at checkout if you're out!

I already got Charley Davidson 8 and White Trash Zombie Gone Wild. Next, I'm grabbing Lucy Parker's Act Like It (a truly delightful romance, and the sample sounds amazing) and I have actual choices of what to pair it with… Sarah MacLean's The Rogue Not Taken? Shonda Rhimes' Year of Yes? Felicia Day's You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)? So many intriguing choices! Wonderful sale selection this time around! *happy*

message 44: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 535 comments FYI...Audible is having technical difficulties...our credits have disappeared. They say they are aware and are working on it. If you think you should have credits and don't, wait a day before buying their credits.

message 45: by Lilmissmolly (new)

Lilmissmolly | 58 comments Audible's Daily Deal is The Ruby Brooch The Ruby Brooch (Celtic Brooch #1) by Katherine Lowry Logan for $3.95. When I listened to it, I recalled how I first felt reading Dianna Gabaldon's Outlander for the fist time in the 1990's. It is well worth $4! The Ruby Brooch

message 46: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1) by Shannon Stacey Exclusively Yours is Audible's Daily Deal for $2.95. Narrated by Lauren Fortgang. It doesn't get rave reviews over at Audio Gals, a B-/C+ for both story and narrator, but I remember reading it a few years ago and thinking it was a cute story.

message 47: by Moriah (last edited Aug 26, 2016 05:29AM) (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Audible is celebrating 3 years of daily deals with 200 past previous deals available until 8/1. Hodge podge of titles to pick from with prices ranging from $1.95 up to $5.95 including A Curious Beginning for $3.95 - I loved this book.

I picked up Mycroft Holmes by Kareem Abdul Jabar. Sounded good.

message 48: by Ingie (last edited Aug 27, 2016 07:03AM) (new)

Ingie Moriah wrote: "Audible is celebrating 3 years of daily deals with 200 past previous deals available until 8/1. Hodge podge of titles to pick from with prices ranging from $1.95 up to $5.95 including [book:A Curio..."

I tried to find the link / page but didn't find it. Could you please add it?

message 50: by Ingie (new)

Ingie Thanks!!

« previous 1 3 4