readers advisory for all discussion

so ask already!!! > A good book about revenge

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zala (new)

Zala | 24 comments Hello, I realise that this is a very broad topic, so I'll try to explain exactly what I'm looking for. It recently occurred to me that, while I have read books where revenge was an important plot point or the motivation for the protagonist, I have not read one yet where I felt for the character seeking revenge. I'd like to sympathize with her/him, and not just feel but understand their anger, pain, frustration at not being able to save their loved one(s) - all the suffering that has lead them onto the path of revenge. And I believe that can only be achieved if (feel free to prove me wrong with this one) the main character's loved ones are alive in the beginning of the book (or the first one of a series), and after we start caring for them, they die. But, again, feel free to prove me wrong. I'm really curious, and thank you in advance.

message 2: by Zala (new)

Zala | 24 comments The Count of Monte Cristo, of course. The other one seems like what I'm looking for as well. Thank you. :)

message 3: by Anosha (new)

Anosha | 1 comments okay this might not be the exact book you want but give it a try, maybe read the description. Just so you know I never read books like these but this one was pretty fucking good... as far as i can remember so just give it a try. Lessons from a Dead Girl by Jo Knowles

message 4: by Zala (new)

Zala | 24 comments Not really what I'm looking for, but it seems interesting, thanks.

message 5: by Swati (new)

Swati (barbie_dollface) | 4 comments Envy by Sandra Brown

message 6: by Swati (new)

Swati (barbie_dollface) | 4 comments Envy by Sandra Brown

message 7: by Zala (new)

Zala | 24 comments Aaand it's on my TBR shelf. Thank you.

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin | 36 comments The Revenant may be an obvious one at the moment, considering the exposure it's gotten from the movie. Maybe you've considered it already, but just in case...

I literally just opened goodreads this morning to add it to my own list.

message 9: by Mir (new)

Mir | 189 comments Weird, I feel like I've read lots of things with revenge themes but now all I can come up with it is Shakespeare and other Elizabethan tragedy.

Lots of mysteries are motivated by revenge but I can't think of many where you really get in the person's head...

message 10: by Zala (new)

Zala | 24 comments Thank you!