Deadly Messengers
This topic is about Deadly Messengers
Past-Read It & Reap Books > {Read It & Reap 541} Deadly Messengers by Susan May

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new)

Sheri | 12176 comments Mod
What is Read It & Reap?

Our Read It & Reap program is designed with authors in mind. Our goal is to help indie and self-published authors promote their books. If you are signing up to review Please Remember you have 3 weeks to read and review and post the links to your review on this page! For more information about RI&R and our Rules & Requirements click here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

Title: Deadly Messengers
Author: Susan May
Genre: Thriller, Mystery, Crime, Murder
Pages Count: 400

Review Due Date: March 17

Book Description:
3 massacres 2 detectives 1 writer 0 answers

Freelancer Kendall Jennings writes fluff pieces for women’s magazines. When a horrific massacre occurs at Café Amaretto, she scores an exclusive interview with a survivor. Suddenly, she’s the go-to reporter for the crime.

Investigating veteran detective Lance O’Grady and his partner Trip are tasked with finalizing the open and shut case. Seven people are dead at the hands of an unprovoked killer wielding an axe. It seems simple.

Then another mass killing occurs. This time, arson, and ten eldercare facility residents die in the blaze. Both killers die at the scene. The crimes have no motive, and Lance O’Grady is left wondering how evil can strike twice.

Then it happens again. Even more shocking: a mother with a gun goes on a rampage at a family birthday party.

The killers share one odd detail: none have a murderer’s profile. No history of violence, no connection to terrorists, no vendettas. Ordinary citizens suddenly became killers.

Drawn deeper inside the crime investigation, Kendall finds herself not only clashing with O’Grady but also struggling with old demons. O’Grady resents Kendall’s involvement as her presence provokes memories of a personal tragedy.

O’Grady and Kendall are caught up in a plan greater reaching than the crimes. They just don’t know it. Someone is sending a message. And unless they can decipher the meaning, very soon, many more will die.

Deadly Messengers is a page-turning thriller taking readers into the minds of mass killers in all their disconcerting madness. It poses the question: Is there a killer lurking inside everyone? The answer could prove more frightening than the crimes

Formats available:
PDF, MOBI, EPUB

All reviews should be completed and posted by March 17.

Leave us your name, email address, and format you require.

message 2: by Sheri, Book Ninja (last edited Mar 21, 2016 02:55PM) (new)

Reviewers:

Sarah
Megan
Maryann
Carina
Angie
Danielle
Amanda

Sarah-Jayne Briggs | 184 comments Hi.

I'd be interested in reading a mobi copy of this book. My e-mail address is cat2002116@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

Sarah

Megan's Picks For Today Blog (mamascandylit) | 9 comments My Name is Megan i'm interested in reading and reviewing. Mobi please. My email is meganglass@linuxmail.org

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 12 comments I have already read this but would like to leave a link for anyone wondering if they would like it or not.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Maryann | 74 comments Hi, it's MaryAnn, I would like a copy please, epub. azmtns@gmail.com Thank you!

Carina | 262 comments Sheri, I'm interested in this one. PDF please.

vixie1989@gmail.com

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 247 comments wanderoflostpaths@yahoo.com
epub please

Danielle Fisher | 19 comments Happy to help! danijim1001@yahoo.com. I'll be reading it on my kindle :)

Amanda Lyles (gobbledygook) | 44 comments I would be interested in reading this. MOBI please. azure_penguin23@yahoo.com

message 11: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new)

Sending everyone an email!

Carina | 262 comments My review is here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Thanks for the opportunity!

message 13: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new)

Thanks Carina!

message 14: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan May (susanmaywriter) Hi all wonderful readers who have requested Deadly Messengers,

It's Susan May here, the author.

From Amanda down, I will send you a copy, plus a copy of Back Again by Susan May my previous novel. If you've already received a copy of Deadly Messengers from the fabulous Sheri and you would also like a copy of Back Again, please send me a message or ask here and I will be happy to send it out to you.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts, and if you have any questions about the book, please leave a message here. I'm always around Good Reads and happy to answer.

Thank you so much for your interest in my work.

Susan May

message 15: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan May (susanmaywriter) Amanda wrote: "I have already read this but would like to leave a link for anyone wondering if they would like it or not.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show..."

Thanks, Amanda, you are such a great support. I really appreciate your kind words and enthusiasm. Hope all is great with you.

Susan

Carina | 262 comments Susan wrote: "Hi all wonderful readers who have requested Deadly Messengers,

From Amanda down, I will send you a copy, plus a copy of Back Again by Susan May my previo..."

Susan, I'd gladly read your previous book if you're willing to send it to me.

message 17: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan May (susanmaywriter) Carina wrote: "Susan wrote: "Hi all wonderful readers who have requested Deadly Messengers,

From Amanda down, I will send you a copy, plus a copy of [bookcover:Back Again|28511..."

NO problem, Carina. That's wonderful. Is on its way to you. :)

Susan

Danielle Fisher | 19 comments Um....incredible. I was not prepared to give a R2R 5 stars, but that was an insane ride. Wow. Thanks for letting me read it! https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

And would love to read your previous book. I probably couldn't review it as quickly because I have a few other commitments, but would love to read to review at my leisure if you'd like!

message 19: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan May (susanmaywriter) Danielle wrote: "Um....incredible. I was not prepared to give a R2R 5 stars, but that was an insane ride. Wow. Thanks for letting me read it! https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
..."

Hi Danielle,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I'm so thrilled. I'd be very happy to send you my other book Back Again, along with a little thank you bonus. I've got your email from here, and keep an eye out (ooh, sounds painful) for the email. Thank you again. So kind of you. And no worries on reviews. Any time is a good time for a review for me. :)

message 21: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new)

Thanks Angie!

Sarah-Jayne Briggs | 184 comments Hi. I've finished reading this book and here are the links to my review:

Goodreads

Amazon UK

Amazon US

My Blog

Thank you for the opportunity to read this.

Sarah

message 23: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new)

Thanks Sarah!

message 24: by Desert Rose (new) - added it

Desert Rose (desert_rose) | 1 comments Hi
Is this book still available for review?

Maryann | 74 comments Sorry this is late :( Thank you for the ebook it was a great story! Here is my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 26: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new)

Desert Rose wrote: "Hi
Is this book still available for review?"

The review deadline for this was March 17.

message 27: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new)

Thanks Maryann!

Amanda Lyles (gobbledygook) | 44 comments Sorry its so late. Here is my review
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
I really liked it. I think I just needed some time to digest it before reviewing it.

message 29: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new)

Thanks Amanda!