THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Names are incorrect

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James (jamesgg) | 8 comments My name is James Grant Goldin. I am the author of two books, "The Legendary Adventures of the Pirate Queens" and "The Aesir Kids," both of which are listed on GR under my name. However, my ID seems to be simply James Goldin (no middle name). I've tried to change this on my profile to no avail. How can I combine these? Do I need to take everything off GR and delete my account, then put everything back in? Or will I be unable to? Specific advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

message 2: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments All fixed.

message 3: by James (new)

James (jamesgg) | 8 comments Dear Rivka: I may need to name a magician after you or something. :)

Thank you very much,

James

message 4: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments Happy to help.

Just make sure your magician named Rivka is female, as every Rivka I know is.

message 5: by James (new)

James (jamesgg) | 8 comments What else could a Rivka be? :) Seems there's no female version of magician...like "magicienne"...and "witch," "sorceress," or "strega" just had the wrong connotations. But you're a wonder-worker.

James

...and how many Rivkas do you know, anyway?? :)

message 6: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments I was one of 4 Rivkas in my high school class. I probably know at least a couple dozen at this point, depending how you count.

(And I've had more than one person think I was a guy. Online, anyway.)

message 7: by James (new)

James (jamesgg) | 8 comments "The Four Rivkas." Didn't Sholem Aleichem write that? Well, I knew you were a woman. Maybe just a sense you give off, even online. Maybe because my NY Jewish origins made me aware of the general gender of Rivka. And how did online people indicate they thought you were a guy? Were these guys themselves, asking for recommendations on books about cage matches or the Three Stooges or other guy things?

message 8: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments James wrote: "And how did online people indicate they thought you were a guy?"

Incorrect pronouns, mostly.

message 9: by James (new)

James (jamesgg) | 8 comments I hate incorrect pronouns. Is that your real picture? (You must get THAT question a lot.)

message 10: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments Yup, that's me, tying a bow.

message 11: by James (new)

James (jamesgg) | 8 comments Lovely, and clearly female. :) And tying a bow, just as you tied up my loose ends. It all ties together!