What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fiction in which Stanley Milgram's experiment is referred to

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Picturesquegirl | 6 comments Dear Good Readers,
I'm almost 100% sure that once I read a book - fiction - in which the characters discussed Stanley Milgram's experiment, in which people were told to inflict electric current on other people who answered some question whenever the answer was wrong. As far as my memory serves, in the book the characters wondered about the morality of inflictors etc.
No more info :-( Help!!!

message 2: by Shaun (new)

Shaun Hately (drednort) | 64 comments Possibly 'The Learners' by Chip Kidd.

The Learners

Picturesquegirl | 6 comments No this one... Thank you for your input!

Maybe it was an extensive article which I read somewhere while reading also some fiction and all this mingled up. Can't be sure now...

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
Picturesquegirl, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

Picturesquegirl | 6 comments Hi Lobstergirl, haven't found it yet... Can you help?

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna | 207 comments Obedience by Will Lavender, perhaps?

Picturesquegirl | 6 comments Sorry, not this one... Really, it must have been some other context than a fiction. Thanks for your help, though!

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna | 207 comments Behind the Shock Machine: The Untold Story of the Notorious Milgram Psychology Experiments? It reads as though it might have started as long-form journalism. Or perhaps you read a review of this or a similar book?

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33431 comments Mod
Picturesquegirl, around what year did you read this book?

What's the location or time period of the story?

Can you describe the main characters, how they met or got involved in the experiments, in a university or military facility, etc.?