Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > 'All Things Zombie' Series

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bryan (last edited Feb 25, 2016 01:00AM) (new)

Bryan Way (bryanway) There's a lot of housekeeping to be done linking/correcting a series of anthologies published by ATZ Publications, and any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Per the individual editions:

1. All Things Zombie: The Gathering Horde
- As this is the first anthology released under the 'All Things Zombie' banner by ATZ Publications, the series of this book should be (ATZ #1) to reflect the continuing series of 'All Things Zombie' anthologies. It is currently listed as (Outage #5.5), which only reflects the contribution of one author.
- The 'Kindle' and 'eBook' versions should be combined to reflect the fact that they are one and the same, adopting the cover art displayed for the 'Kindle' version.

2. A Very Zombie Christmas: An ATZ Christmas Special
-As this is the second anthology released under the 'All Things Zombie' banner by ATZ Publications, the series of this book should be (ATZ #2) to reflect the continuing series of 'All Things Zombie' anthologies. No series title is currently listed.
- Two separate versions of this book have individual entries on Goodreads. They should be the same entry, only different versions. The other entry, A Very Zombie Christmas: An ATZ Christmas Special, has an incomplete accreditation list. The listing above (2.) features a more accurate reflection of accreditation for the authors and other contributors. (For example, the listing above (2.) properly renders credit to Suzanne Olsen-Casey, while the other entry incorrectly labels her as Suzanne Casey-Olsen.)

3. All Things Zombie: Chronology of the Apocalypse
- As this is the third anthology released under the 'All Things Zombie' banner by ATZ Publications, the series of this book should be (ATZ #3) to reflect the continuing series of 'All Things Zombie' anthologies.
- Several authors have been listed incorrectly. Danyel Davita* and Miguel Rueda* are the actual names of authors D.D. VanGarde and Wayne Hills. As such, Miguel Rueda* should be deleted and DD Vangarde should be switched to the proper punctuation and capitalization listed above. AJ Brown is an incorrect rendering of author A.J. Brown and should be updated to the correct version. Michael Pierce is a misspelling of Michael Peirce; the first name should thus be deleted, as the correctly spelled version already appears in the credits.
- Contributions should be altered to reflect the following: Jeffrey Clare is both (Author) and (Cover Artist), Shannon Walters is both (Author) and (Editor), while Shawn Chesser is only (Foreward).

Thank you to anyone willing to help. I know it's a lot to ask, but it will be worth the convenience to both authors and readers alike!

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 3042 comments I did the corrections you listed, except:
* creating the series - I am not sure if they qualify as one, do they have shared universe or characters? (Currently I can't find the definition of series in the Librarian manual)
* Cover artists are not to be listed in the role field per policy
* "Shannon Walters is both (Author) and (Editor)" - I have seen role filled as "Author/Editor" but I don't know how acceptable that is.

message 3: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Way (bryanway) You're the best! As for:

*Creating the series - The 'All Things Zombie' banner stems from a Facebook group that started 'ATZ Publications'. The contributions to each anthology come from within the stable of authors who are group members, however, not everyone makes the cut each time. As for the shared universe aspect, Lindy Spencer's 'Gone Viral - Again' in (ATZ #3) is a followup to 'Gone Viral' in (ATZ #1), and Shannon Walters has publishing excerpts from her novel 'The List' in both (ATZ #1) and (ATZ #2). Suzanne Olsen-Casey's stories are connected by characters and storyline throughout the volumes, though she's hesitant to label it a 'series' at this point because she might turn them into a book. Moreover, each anthology released to date is compiled only of zombie horror stories and falls under the purview of Jeffrey Clare and the 'All Things Zombie' administration in much the same way that Alvin Schwartz guides the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series without a shared universe or characters.
*Cover artists - Didn't know about that, thanks!
*Shannon Walters - Any proper credit for her contribution would be fine. She edited this anthology in its entirety in addition to contributing her own work.

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 3042 comments OK, I added the series, if another librarian disagrees it can be deleted and list created instead.

I forgot to comment on one of your points: "The 'Kindle' and 'eBook' versions should be combined to reflect the fact that they are one and the same, adopting the cover art displayed for the 'Kindle' version."
If you meant that the book is/was not available in any other ebook format except Kindle and the current ebook edition:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
should be merged into the Kindle one: you have to request it in this thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... Only superlibrarians can delete books with that many reviews.

message 5: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Way (bryanway) Ayshe wrote: I forgot to comment on one of your points: "The 'Kindle' and 'eBook' versions should be combined to reflect the fact that they are one and the same, adopting the cover art displayed for the 'Kindle' version."
If you meant that the book is/was not available in any other ebook format except Kindle and the current ebook edition:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
should be merged into the Kindle one: you have to request it in this thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... Only superlibrarians can delete books with that many reviews.

Thank you, you've been extremely helpful!

message 6: by Bryan (last edited Feb 28, 2016 11:22AM) (new)

Bryan Way (bryanway) A bit of a mishap occurred with the third book in the series. Due to an error with KDP, the release was moved up a day and assigned a new ASIN. Before this could be corrected, it would seem that someone made an additional entry for the book on Goodreads.

This book: All Things Zombie: Chronology of the Apocalypse

- Was the originally created entry.
- Features a more accurate depiction of the correct authors/roles.
- Includes a description with the titles of the short stories contained within.
- Features similar but inaccurate cover art.
- Is attached to an ASIN that no longer exists.

This book: All Things Zombie: Chronology of the Apocalypse

- Was created later.
- Includes only 9 of the 20 authors/contributors.
- Has a less detailed description.
- Features accurate cover art.
- Is attached to the new ASIN.

Fortunately, the only people who added the newer entry were the same people added to the old one. If you would be so kind, could you delete the second entry, and update the original with the new ASIN (B01CBTQ8MQ) and replace the cover with the correct one?

message 7: by Ayshe (last edited Feb 29, 2016 11:12AM) (new)

Ayshe | 3042 comments I added rest of the authors.

Even if the ASIN no longer exists, if it was available at some point, it shouldn't be deleted, please see: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/2... and https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

message 8: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Way (bryanway) Ayshe wrote: "Even if the ASIN no longer exists, if it was available at some point, it shouldn't be deleted.

The first edition mentioned was never actually available. It was listed on Amazon for a little less than a week with a pre-order option, but when the release of that edition was cancelled, those units were rescinded and the customers refunded. I'm not sure how this effects the policies you mentioned.

message 9: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 3042 comments I'm not sure either :( Let's wait for somebody else to chime in.

message 10: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 3042 comments ok, I went ahead and merged them. Let me know if anything else is needed (so long as I keep my librarian status ;) )