Modern LOTR discussion

General > Chat/Questions/Etc.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 313 (313 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 233 comments Mod
Hello, I'm Ji Mei! Basically for this roleplay I wanted to do a modern take of LOTR, or maybe just have the same races, beliefs, and lore but in the modern world. Probably the second option, because I prefer making up my own characters instead of roleplaying characters already made by the author. Anyways, welcome!

message 2: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

Oh, if anyone is interested, help me find a good masthead. It has to be 1KB to 6MB and the pixels should be 970x245 or less, I think.

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Just so I'm clear, is this RP taking place in Middle Earth or our world?

message 4: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

I had the idea that Middle Earth and our world are the same thing, but Middle Earth is a distant version, one long forgotten, and very much changed.

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Oh, okay, gotcha. That makes more sense, thanks. :)

message 6: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

Haha, sorry! I didn't know how to phrase that.

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) So if we want to play an elf or dwarf, how do we go about doing it if they are no longer of this world?

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) So I'm considering making great×whatever descendant of Gandalf //continuous thoughtful eyebrow rolling

message 9: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 57 comments Can we make hybrids? Like half human half dwarf?

message 10: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

They are in the world, but they live hidden from humans. I suppose I should clarify that as well. Also, yes, you can make hybrids and I'm thinking there would be more hybrids out in the world than people know. Also, random research and we could possibly be in Seventh Age of Middle Earth, so I think the history stuff works out a bit. ^^

message 11: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 57 comments Coolio~

message 12: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 57 comments So if I made a hybrid and she looked more human could I stick it in human society because it doesn't know it's part dwarf?

message 13: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

Yep, pretty much. I'm sure some parents even encourage their children to go on with life.

message 14: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 57 comments Coolio XD.

message 15: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

I shall disappear (more officially now)! Must do hw or I'll die from overload. So questions and such will have to wait. ^_^ Sorry!

message 16: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

I'm trying to decide how the rp should be formatted. Do we want to pick a city in particular? Or just have places in the world?

message 17: by Kitsune (new)

Kitsune Rose (kitsunerose) I think different places around the world would be cool.

message 18: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

Me too. Though, I suppose the President would have to be more influential in some way if the whole world is involved. Or maybe it's more than just the President. Like the PM too in England or something.

message 19: by Kitsune (new)

Kitsune Rose (kitsunerose) Yeah, maybe a handful of different world leaders?

message 20: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

Yeah, that'd probably be better. So which leaders? The President, Prime Minister, Chinese President, Russian President, Canada's PM... Which others should I include? Oh, the Pope?! (Probably would be too controversy for that one?)

message 21: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

Well, I think the US President, England's PM, and the Russian President are all included.

If we were to pick different places, any suggestions? I feel like London has to be one (perhaps tie Arthurian legend with LOTR). Any other places?

message 22: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Canada XP

message 23: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

Where in Canada, do you think?

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) It should be in Wales.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) I know nothing about Wales.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) I'm not completely sure what were talking about

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) But Wales is cool

message 29: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

Just trying to figure out places the rp should take place so I can get things started!!!

message 31: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

Yep. :D So, England, Canada, USA, and Russia. Maybe that's all for now? Or one more?

message 33: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

Um, that's part of USA, Lizzie. :P

message 34: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 57 comments Yes but specifically Texas, they are kind of their own thing hahahahahaha. ;)

message 35: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

So true (no offense to Texans)! But I was thinking it would be a place with more connections, like New York, or Chicago, or just do the capital.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) Houston is the central base of NASA

message 37: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

Touché. I suppose that's the only thing worth "terrorizing" in Texas.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) Well either way you wouldn't want to terrorize Texas
We will kick your ass back to wherever and a half

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) Also Pantex!

message 40: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 57 comments Dude one of the biggest nuclear plants is in north TX, we used to live super close to it, our cellphones would randomly go out and we are all pretty sure some of the 'abandoned' buildings on the old air force base are totally still government secret things, it's not a base anymore, but a bunch of the building are lot up all the time and if you drive to close you suddenly get unmarked police cars following you until you leave.

Lizzie [may soda be eternal] (kisaragiidolmomo) Yeah, now the base is just a bunch of housing owned by Highland Park and AC

message 42: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

To be clear, the people are labeled as terrorists by the corrupt President, so kicking them out of Texas would mean no one would want to be in Texas.

message 43: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) I was kidding about Canada, but if you want it, I'd choose Montreal or Vancouver.

message 44: by Ji Mei , Captain of the Nine (new)

Oh, I see. Maybe I was staying up to late to notice that detail. :P

message 45: by Tessa (last edited May 06, 2014 06:49AM) (new)

Tessa  (panicrocks95) | 57 comments Hahahahaha I think Lizzie was kidding too, maybe, I'm not sure, but she's asleep right now so who gives a flip.

message 46: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) Wait so the Canadian head of State is a nazgul? Sarah, how are you on board with this? :p

message 47: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) I'm lost.

message 48: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) What is is with Canadian Asian women and asking for directions :p
I mean since the Canadian PM is mentioned as one of the bad guys (and if there are nine world leaders that makes the the modern equivalent of the nazgul) I was jokingly wondering if you were down with that, ya dig eh?

message 49: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) OIC. Well, I was joking about Canada. But sure, I can see Stephen Harper being a naz-whatever. You probably don't get that reference lol but anyway. There you go. :)

message 50: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) A naz-whatever, OMG Sarah, I thought you of all people would know what a nazgul was, gaaah, my world is in tatters :(

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7