Hamilton Fans Unite! discussion

Chat > The Hamilton Tag

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18), Will they tell my story? (last edited May 11, 2016 06:56PM) (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 257 comments Mod
1) How did you find out about Hamilton? The New York Times, the youtube suggestion bar. Oh, and it helped that Phillipa Soo is in it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVXei...
2) Favorite Character? HOW IS THAT A QUESTION?!
3) Character you would want to play? Angelica or Eliza?? Tough choice. If I were a guy, King George or maybe Lafayette
4) Favorite song to listen to? My Shot or Hurricane
5) Favorite song to sing along with? The Schuyler sisters
6) Part you always mess up when you're singing along? "I asked about his family"
7) Can you rap guns and ships? a little
8) Which cast member would you most want to meet? Pippa, probably. Like if I could only meet one, it would be her because I'd never have found Hamilton without her and Natasha, Pierre and the Great comet of 1812 (GOOGLE IT IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY IT IS AMAZING!)
9) Have you seen the show? No.
10) Have you read the book? Someday I will
11) Favorite line in the show? Let me think
12)Five words to describe the show? As. Good. As. The. Comet.

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hansrox) | 66 comments 1) How did I find out about Hamilton?
Well I was watching a YouTuber (polandbananasxx) lip sync with Take a Break and I was curious as to what the song was so I searched it up and then started listening to it on repeat then I slowly made my way through the whole soundtrack.
2) Favourite character?
Angelica. Don't even have to think twice. I love her!
3) Character I would want to play?
I think Eliza because I feel like I relate more to her, however I would never be as good as Phillipa Soo.
4) Favourite song to listen to?
Satisfied because I know all the words XD
5) favourite song to sing along?
Satisfied and the Schuyler sisters
6) Part I always mess up when singing along?
Let's just say most of the soundtrack...
7) can I rap guns and ships?
I try... And fail...
8) Which cast member would I want to meet?
ALL
9) Have I seen the show?
No :(
10) have I read the book?
Eventually...
11) Favourite line in the show?
It's kinda random but I like this line in the Schultz sisters
Angelica: "Burr you disgust me"
Burr: "Oh so you've discussed me. I'm a trust fund, baby, you can trust me"
I also like the other line in that song where Angelica says: "..... Include women in the sequel! Work!"
12) Five words to describe it?
I think one word will be sufficient: Amazing!

message 3: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (audreybooklover) | 3 comments 1) How did you find out about Hamilton? I went to one of my collage's performances and they sang Who lives Who Dies Who Tells Your Story and The Ten Dual Commandments. I really enjoyed how they did it so I went home and looked up the musical and have been listening to it ever since.
2) Favorite Character? Probably Lafiet if I just have to pick one, but I love them all!
3) Character I would want to play? Lafiet but since I am a girl I guess Eliza.
4) Favorite Song to listen to? My shot and Aaron Burr Sir
5) Favorite Song to sing? You'll be back
6) Part I always mess up on when singing? Most of it actually, I just can't talk as fast as they can!
7) Can I rap Guns and Ship? No! Though I try every time.
8) Which cast member would I want to meet? All!
9) Have I seen the show? No, sadly. And I probably won't with the original cast. :(
10) Have I read the book? No I haven't been able to get it yet.
11) Favorite line in the show? Oui oui, mon ami, je m’appelle Lafayette!
The Lancelot of the revolutionary set!
I came from afar just to say “Bonsoir!”
Tell the King “Casse toi!” Who’s the best?
C’est moi!
12) Five words to descibe it? Amazing, fantastic, creative, funny and the best!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

1) How did you find out about Hamilton?
There's a funny story about that one, actually. See, my step-sibling had been into it for a while. So my mom, step-dad, step-sibling, best friend, and I were on a trip to Iceland. My friend found out my step-sibling was into it and asked to listen to it. The adults were navigating. So I listened to it. I actually disliked it the first time I heard it. But my step-sibling and friend were listening to it all the time in the car and the adults were navigating. So I kept listening to it. When we got home at the end of the week, I had it stuck in my head, and it felt like it was dripping out of my ears. I did the only thing that made sense: I tried to purge it from my mind entirely by listening to what was then my favorite band, Delain. Skip ahead two weeks, and Hamilton was still stuck in my head. So I decided maybe it would go away if I kept listening, so I bought the soundtrack off amazon, and the rest, as they say, is history.

2) Favorite Character?
John Laurens because he had really radical ideas for his time in terms of what equality means. In addition, he was raised by the South Carolina senator Henry Laurens, a slave-owner, so the fact that he was able to set aside the way he was raised is incredible. In addition, he may have been in a relationship with Hamilton, something that was not considered okay at the time. In short, John Laurens is the best.

3) Character you would want to play?
John Laurens would be my top choice, followed by Hamilton, followed by Lafayette. I would probably be best at Washington. I would not play a female character because I experience gender dysphoria, particularly on the top, and I am not remotely okay wearing a dress.

4) Favorite song to listen to?
All of them. If I had to choose, if I had to choose, probably Wait for It.

5) Favorite song to sing along with?
Guns and Ships followed by My Shot. I am best at the first song, Alexander Hamilton.

6) Part you always mess up when you're singing along?
Not that many now. I used to say: "Mr. Lancelot hardrock like Lancelot."

7) Can you rap Guns and Ships?
I can actually. So can my step-sibling. My step-brother hates music, so we rapped the entire thing at him. It was great.

8) Which cast member would you most want to meet?
Lin-Manuel Miranda. There is literally no question about that.

9) Have you seen the show?
I have a ticket for November. My step-sibling has already seen it and explained all the choreography to me, and it was great.

10) Have you read the book?
Just you wait. Anyway, I have the book. However, I am going to read the biography of Burr and a book on Jefferson's presidency first so I can determine what Burr would have done had he been elected first because that it actually more relevant to a writing project. Then I'll have to do the same with Madison's presidency. Then I can probably read his biography. My mom and step-sibling have both read Hamilton's biography, so I do know a decent bit about it, and there are two copies of it in my house.

11) Favorite line in the show?
If I had to choose, if I had to choose? It's a TIE. (but not that line -- there are just too many lines I like to choose any one)

12) Five words to describe the show?
Too awesome for five words.

message 5: by Dayna (new)

Dayna Lysak | 6 comments 1. How did you find out about Hamilton?
I was watching a booktuber, Xtinemay, and she did the Hamilton book tag. It looked decent, so I told my friend about it, and it turned out she was already a huge fan. We listened to the soundtrack together and I fell in love.

2. Favourite character?
Angelica or King George.

3. Character I would like to play?
Angelica or Lafayette because their raps are amazing!

4. Favourite song to listen to?
The room where it happened, or either of the cabinet battles.

5. Favourite song to sing?
Satisfied

6. Parts I always mess up on when I'm singing?
In Burn, I always say deceive instead of perceive.

7. Can I rap guns and ships?
Only bits and pieces. I really want to learn it all!

8. Which cast member would I like to meet most?
Lin Manuel Miranda, have you seen his kids? They are adorable!

9. Have I seen the show?
No, but I really want to.

10. Have I read the book?
No, but it's on my TBR list.

11. Favourite line in the show?
"All the way from London? Damn!"

12. Five words to describe it?
Perfect rap and Broadway mix.