Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe - 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8139 comments The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe
3.5 stars

Will's mother, Mary Anne, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. There is no cure. Will was often with her at her appointments and treatments, when they would discuss books. They made their own two-person book club.

I liked this book. I was impressed with how positive Mary Anne was. She also had an amazing life, traveling all around the world to help people, particularly refugees. At the time she was diagnosed, she was trying to raise money to build a library in Afghanistan. It was a fairly simple book, in that not a lot happened, but I enjoyed it.

message 2: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I couldn't stand Mary Anne, i thought she was manipulative, self serving and at times quite cruel to her son.

message 3: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8139 comments Linda S wrote: "I couldn't stand Mary Anne, i thought she was manipulative, self serving and at times quite cruel to her son."

Oh, wow! I didn't see that.

message 4: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8139 comments Oh, you said you weren't writing reviews at the time. I assume you weren't rating them, either? Just curious what rating you gave it (I'm going to guess a 1 or 2?), but maybe you didn't rate it at all.

message 5: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I rate all my books, but during the years i was getting chemo my reviews were inconsistent.

I rated this book ★★★

message 6: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8139 comments Ah, ok. Thanks!