Coffee & Books discussion

Archives for Races/Games > Summer Race 2016: General Info

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (last edited Feb 24, 2016 07:06PM) (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 2955 comments Mod
Hi All!

If you are looking for more information you have come to the right spot!

What: Summer Race 2016
When: May 1st, 2016 to August 1st, 2016
Who: Racers and Captains

The Summer Race is a three month reading bonanza! Through these three months, you and your team will read and log as many books as you can. You will be racing against other teams to come out on top! The Race ends August 1st. For the next week you will have a week to log your last books. The final gun shot signals on August 5th. On August 7th, the champions will be announced and will receive a Coffee and Books certificate (lemme hear those ooooh's and ahhhhh's).

How do we actually designate a winner? Well, what a great question, Below you will see a pints system (1-3). Not only will each team be ranked by amount of books, but rewards are also for books points via pages!

For now, the time line is as follows:
The sign ups are open. They will remain open until April 24th.
Between April 24th and 25th, teams will be "sorted" and they will be announced April 26th.
Between April 26th and May 1st, the team captain and their racers must come up with a team name and submit it to me to log in their team name. If you don't, you will be named something SO generic... please make it exciting for me, AND YOU!! You don't want to be "Team 2" :(
May 1st starts the race, and off you go!
Of course, sirens ring on August 1st.
August 5th is the LAST and final date to submit any last minute logs.
August 7th, the Race winners will be announced in a Group message and will be sent a winners certificate (so cheesy, i know... but like, I want one of those, so you going against me ;) )

Our Summer Races have been a BLAST the last few times and they only get more exciting. I hope you join!

message 2: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

The Rules

1. The book must be over 100 pages to count
2. Any and all formats will be allowed (e-books, audio books, hardback, paperback, graphic novels, manga, etc.)
3. On August 1st, the book must either be completed or within 50 pages of completion to count as your final book!
4. There isn't a minimum or maximum number of books per person
5. Make sure to keep in contact with your Team lead!

message 3: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (last edited Feb 24, 2016 07:11PM) (new)

Point System:

100 pages to 499 pages: 1 point
500 pages to 999 pages: 2 points
1,000 and plus pages: 3 points

message 4: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

Awards to Receive

Top Team: Book Amount
Top Team: Page Amount
Top Personal Reader: Book Amount
Top Personal Reader: Page Amount
Most Exciting Team Name

message 5: by Janice (new)

Janice | 6 comments I will be a racer! Sounds fun!!