Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Movies & TV > So the Richonne ship has sailed...sigh

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ElfedeLaForet8 (new)

ElfedeLaForet8 | 1 comments Yes indeed!! Finally!<3<3

message 2: by Ivory (new)

Ivory (shereadstoo) | 19 comments I stopped watching after last season but I couldn't help watching the Richonne episode and getting pulled back in. I am so excited to see them together <3

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Charmaine wrote: "To me, that is just HUGE for a popular TV show! The desirable white alpha lead connecting with the dark-skinned female lead....Can't believe it, but pleased."

I'm also happy about the overwhelming positive response from the fans too. If anything seeing people wishing for it to be more romantic not complaining about the hook up happening.

message 4: by Rosie (new)

Rosie | 839 comments Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** wrote: "Charmaine wrote: "To me, that is just HUGE for a popular TV show! The desirable white alpha lead connecting with the dark-skinned female lead....Can't believe it, but pleased."

I'm also happy abou..."

Pagan: I've read more positive than negative comments, too. I've seen "reaction" videos and I've read several articles including the comments -- overall consensus was positive.

Of course, there will be always be the negative trolls that stir the pot up and leave or sit behind their computer screens with glee when they rile people up.

I'm anxiously awaiting the next episode to see ... how Jesus got away from Daryl and why is he standing in Rick's bedroom?!

message 5: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I was so excited! It was so unexpected! I can hardly wait until this Sunday.

message 6: by Rosie (new)

Rosie | 839 comments Michelle wrote: "I was so excited! It was so unexpected! I can hardly wait until this Sunday."

I agree. It was a nice shocking unexpected surprise.

message 7: by Vanae (new)

Vanae | 163 comments I was sooooo happy when this finally happened, but it felt like I walked in on my parents.....lol.
I'm not even entertaining the negativity, I'm happy that my wish was manifested. I mean if you have survivors of an apocalypse, it only makes since to mate with someone that's has badass survival skills. If Rick and Machonne made babies they would be natural born warriors.

message 8: by Kai (last edited Mar 01, 2016 08:35AM) (new)

Kai (ky02121) | 71 comments description

message 9: by Rosie (new)

Rosie | 839 comments I view most shows with Closed Captioning (CC) so I don't miss any dialogue. In the (6 x 10) episode as Rick slides down on the floor, he says something to Michonne that CC couldn't capture and she says okay. I would have loved to know what he said to her. What I really liked about the scene besides them finally holding hands and kissing is the sweetness of it. Michonne has a "are we really going to do this" (girly) look on her face that I found endearing.

In the (6 x 11) episode as Rick is driving the RV he grabs Michonne hand and holds it and I'm like ... Rick, I think that you need to keep both hands on the wheel, but I understand you got it bad. LOL

message 10: by Vanae (new)

Vanae | 163 comments Rosi: So funny, yeah He's got it bad when he can't keep both hands on the wheel, knowing any moment, something could pop off......smile

message 11: by Rosie (new)

Rosie | 839 comments Vanae: That's what I was thinking, while he was making goo-goo eyes at Michonne. Yesterday, I got caught up in the YouTube vortex and found this great video, "101 Reasons to Love Rick & Michonne."

Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lip...

message 13: by Deviki (new)

Deviki | 204 comments Found this clip SO CUTE !!!!!11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvaNm...

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 122 comments I have never watched TWD before, not being a fan of anything zombie but for some reason recently decided to watch the pilot "just to see" what all the fuss was about...

... well now I've binge watched the whole series to the current episode (0709) and agree wholehartedly that 'Richonne' HAD to happen!!!

I do spend a good part of each episode eyes hidden though as it is sooooo gruesome, but the characterization and storylines are just so addictive so now I'm a total convert.

message 15: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1380 comments This past weekened was the Walker Stalker con in Atlanta. One of the panels was a Richonne panel. That's it. it was Andrew Lincoln, Danai Gurira, a moderator and an auditorium full of Richonne fans and the subject was nothing but Richonne.

Lots of people have put up snippets of the panel on twitter. I love that Andy Lincoln totally stans for this ship. He calls Michonne "his tv wife" and referred to the one episode last season where the two of them went off looking for guns together their honeymoon. And he says he is looking forward to Rick being able to say on screen "I love you" to her. Fun panel and his British accent is so sexy. And Danai just looks radiant.