Our Shared Shelf discussion

The Color Purple
This topic is about The Color Purple
Feb—The Color Purple (2016) > Alice Walker on The Color Purple

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Feb 24, 2016 02:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Crystal (lostinagoodbook) I don't know if any of you follow Alice Walker's Facebook page but in the last month she has been writing some short pieces about The Color Purple. They've been very enjoyable and enlightening.

Alice Walker on Facebook

On a side note, I have a friend who is a quiltmaker and some of her pieces are owned by Alice Walker and Maya Angelou. In one of her conversations with Ms. Walker she mentioned that Celie's letters to Nettie were actually not written on paper, but were sewn into a quilt. I know this is second hand info, so take it as you will, but I would love to believe it is true.

Beatriz (beatriz_lume) Crystal wrote: "I don't know if any of you follow Alice Walker's Facebook page but in the last month she has been writing some short pieces about The Color Purple. They've been very enjoyable and enlightening.

Al..."

I didn't know that Alice Walker had a Facebook page! Thank you!

Maribel | 9 comments Crystal wrote: "I don't know if any of you follow Alice Walker's Facebook page but in the last month she has been writing some short pieces about The Color Purple. They've been very enjoyable and enlightening.

Al..."

Thanks for the information! I'm goint to like her right now!

message 4: by Erika (new)

Erika Liljefelt | 3 comments It's amazing to be able to have Alice Walker's own analysis of her book on Facebook. Invaluable, actually. I read this book many years ago and have enjoyed it even more this time around. I wish I didn't have other obligations so I could just read it all the time! Great choice!

Brooke | 7 comments Thanks for posting! It was interesting to read Walker's insights into her own book.