The Court of Books and Readers discussion

The Siren
This topic is about The Siren
The Siren > Chapter 17-24 Discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley Mae (thenshereads) Hello everyone!

How is the reading going for everyone? It's been such an exciting book and I hope everyone is enjoying it! Let's start discussing Chapters 17 through 24.

Something to talk about:
1. What would you do in Kahlen's situation? Would you give up Akinli and serve your time? Or would you do everything in your power to be with the one you love, even if it could kill you both?

Katie | 25 comments So I just finished the book (literally a couple second ago) and I love it soooo much. But as for these chapters ..... I feel like I would first stay away to protect him. As well as myself but after A while I think I would get restless that I would need to see him and I feel like I would secretly try to see him even if it was from afar. But I think what Kahlen did was really strong and you could see that it was really wearing away her.

Katy | 9 comments I believe if you truly love someone you'd want to keep them safe no matter the cost to you. If staying away is what I have to do then I will.. I also believe when love is true and strong it will find a way..

This was a good read I enjoyed the the theme of soul mates brought out in the story, perfect for February!!

Tina (TiReads) | 3 comments I probably wouldn't be able to stay away from him for very long. Of course, I still would think of them, but I would stay away, for their safety, even if it would drive me mad.

Katie  | 4 comments I would try to stay away to protect him and try to live with the fact that it's for his protection and he needs to move on from me.

Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤ (miyukinightshade) I just finished this book while I was waiting to be seen at the hospital and I was in tears. I loved it so much and it broke my heart.

1. What would you do in Kahlen's situation? Would you give up Akinli and serve your time? Or would you do everything in your power to be with the one you love, even if it could kill you both?

I think I would do whatever it took to keep him safe, but I also know that if I loved him that much that I couldn't stay away from him, then I would try to find a way to be with him. I'm so sad that she accidentally spoke, and I was always curious as to what would happen if she did end up saying something in his presence and then I found out in the worst way. *tears* I wouldn't want him to die though, so if the only way we could be together would be to die, then I wouldn't do it honestly. I would want him to be alive and well, even if it was without me. It would break my heart but at least he would be safe from the Ocean's grasp.

Sam a.k.a Rory | 3 comments Hey there! I finished The Siren about 10 days ago and just wrote a short review.

As for the matter at stake, like some of you I would have stayed away from him. To tell the truth, I thought that Kahlen was being selfish. By seing him again she would not only expose him to danger but she also wouldn't give him a chance to be happy without her. She knew she couldn't stay. It's like she was willing to re-open a wound who perhaps was never going to heal again. Maybe he could have had a happy life (or as close as it gets) once he would have been able to "forget" about her. I might be too harsh... I don't know.

message 8: by Melissa Dawn (pages.for.dawn) (last edited Feb 27, 2016 08:35PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Melissa Dawn (pages.for.dawn) (pagesfordawn) | 1 comments I recently finished reading The Siren and although I thought it ended better than it began, I still have mixed feelings about the overall story. I didn't really care for the Ocean. A few times the author tried to make you feel sympathy for the Ocean, or, a motherly love connection between the sirens and the Ocean. Nope, didn't work for me. I dreaded every encounter the girls had with the Ocean. I understand this was a standalone, but I thought the relationship development between Kahlen and Akinli was rushed and I didn't feel the bond between them. Putting that aside, I found it interesting how Kahlen and Akinli were connected to one another in more that just a physical attraction. I did feel Kahlen's dispair for needing to be with him but not having that choice. The one thing I enjoyed most was the relationship between the sirens. They truly cared for each other and you could feel the sisterly bond from the start until the very end.