Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Workshop No New Posts > My book trailer as told by the reviews

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone,
I worked hard and made this trailer myself. It's not a blockbuster, but I think it's quite good. Put together purely from reviews I have received.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieS-5...

I'm Not Your "Baby": An Australian woman's tortured life of sexual harassment and assault

message 2: by Wally (new)

Wally Runnels (wrunnelspacbellnet) | 90 comments Joy wrote: "Hi everyone,
I worked hard and made this trailer myself. It's not a blockbuster, but I think it's quite good. Put together purely from reviews I have received.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieS..."

Hi Joy, it's a good use of praise and compelling. The reviews didn't appear gratuitous. Good job.

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 241 comments Wow, Joy, what a clever way to do a trailer. Thoroughly enjoyed watching!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you I am glad you liked it! I also just made an official facebook page for my book too, so please feel free to 'like' the trailer and my fbk page https://www.facebook.com/Im-Not-Your-...

message 5: by Christina (last edited Feb 24, 2016 05:44PM) (new)

Christina Smith (cnsmithauthor1) | 21 comments Hi, Joy.

Firstly, I thought using reviews in the trailer is a clever way to market your book in the book trailer.

However, this could just be me, some of the images didn't seem to "match" the theme of the book. But I'm guessing if I were to read it then maybe some of the images would be relevant and that is why you used it in the book trailer?

I haven't read the book but just based on the trailer that was what came up for me? I was asking myself, Why did she use the image of the blood -stained (shower?) drain?

Why did she use the image of some guy's hand/arm sticking out of a car window with smoke all around it?

Like, I said, maybe if I were to read the book these images may be relevant and what would pop up in the imagination when reading it?

However since you asked to just offer feedback after watching your trailer, seeing some images didn't make sense to me in the trailer. Oh and seeing a city with a beach in the beginning? Is this the city in which the setting of the book takes place? I don't recognize it. Is it someplace in Australia? Your character is Australian, but I'm not going to assume that the setting is in Australia. I haven't read the book but again, I'm solely basing my opinion on what I SAW in the trailer.

The image I liked the most was the image where I saw a man driving by in a vehicle appearing as if he was saying something crude to a woman, but all you see is the back of the woman's head, not her expression. I liked that image the most because it helped me to get a sense of maybe what the book was about and what the character maybe experienced in the book...like a scene out of the book.

Just my humble opinion.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 24, 2016 06:24PM) (new)

Hi Christina and thanks for the feedback. The images are all scenes that take place in the story. Every reader will imagine their own images as they read the story naturally, but these were the closest ones I thought relayed what scenes take place. Oh and just to add that it is my personal memoir and I am Australian :) Cheers!