What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Archived (The Archived, #1)
This topic is about The Archived
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA- thriller/romance about a girl that has the ability to see the dead and who's job it is to walk the halls of the afterlife to get the dead back into the right doorway [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charitykb | 2 comments Read this book in 2013(?), story is about a girl that has the ability to see the dead and who's job it is to walk the halls of the afterlife to get the dead back into the right doorway for them to find peace. I can remember it was part of a series. She was falling in love with a boy who shared her ability and had the same job and that at one point she got into trouble with the library of souls. I also remember she had to wear a key around her neck at all time to access the hallway of the afterlife. Thanks!

message 3: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Jessica's suggestion of The Archived by Victoria Schwab looks promising.

"Mackenzie was just 11 when her Da passed along the heavy responsibility of being a "Keeper": one in charge of returning Histories to the Archive. A History is a sort of ghost, but more like a copy of a dead person's life. Librarians keep every History on a shelf, in a complex and rigid order. But every once in a while one slips (becomes restless and crazed) and escapes the orderly Archive into the chaos of the Narrows-a lightless series of corridors filled with doors. A Keeper's role is to return the Histories to the Archive lest they escape into the real world.
...she meets a strange-looking Goth guy named Wes who shocks her by confessing that he, too, is a Keeper, and she begins to bond with him."

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
I left Charitykb a comment on her profile asking if "The Archived" was her book.

Charitykb | 2 comments Yes it was thanks!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Fantastic.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Archived (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Victoria Schwab (other topics)