Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Cultural representation betas needed - Latina and / or bisexual - YA magic realism

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 2 comments I'm looking for beta readers to look specifically for any cultural representation issues in my manuscript. This is a YA magical realism novel, roughly 80K words, to be published by HarperCollins next year. I've previously had cultural rep beta readers for this manuscript, but that was nearly 2 years and a massive rewrite ago, so I'm looking for a second group of readers.

My main character is a bisexual Latina girl (her mother is Puerto Rican; her father's family is from Spain). She lives in Florida, and she's selectively out. The Publishers Marketplace blurb for the novel: "About a teenage artist whose quest for inspiration leads her to a mysterious studio where her paintings can be perfect, and where the girl she loves possibly loves her back."

If you're Latina and / or bisexual, I'd love to have your feedback on this work. I will absolutely listen to your critiques, and will compensate you fairly, either in monetary payment or a critique of my own. If you are querying or getting ready to query, I'd be happy to mentor you through that process, too!

I'm currently working through some plot revisions with my editor, and the manuscript will be ready for beta reading within the next month.

Thank you!
Lauren
laurenhopkar at gmail

message 2: by Natalia (new)

Natalia Hey Lauren! I sent you a PM

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 2 comments Natalia - Thanks! Just recovering from sending in a round of revisions. Will get back to you later today!