S.S. Rebel Alliance (Silent Sustained Reading Discussions) discussion

Theme of Love

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (last edited Feb 25, 2016 10:45AM) (new)

Danielle Hill | 30 comments Mod
This is a place for you to discuss how the theme of love appears in the books you are reading. How do your characters experience it? What type of love (romance, familial, friendship, etc)? What are your personal thoughts? Don't forget to tell us what book you are reading.

message 2: by Lina (new)

Lina Walsh | 2 comments The Notebook
The theme of love appears in the book I am reading because Noah and Allie had a love when they were younger and so many obstacles were in their way but love found a way. The type of love is romance love of course. My personal thoughts on the book so far is it really is a good book if you like romance and cliff hangers. And love always wins in the end.

message 3: by Abby (new)

Abby Rogers | 1 comments In the book that I'm currently reading, "A Walk To Remember" the characters Landon and Jamie start as acquaintances and slowly fall in in love. Jamie is a very religious person unlike Landon, but Landon asks Jamie to a school dance and they start to see each other more often. Everyone saw Jamie as the "weird" kid and didn't like to talk to her.

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina Stewart | 2 comments Unforgiven

The theme of love is a constant theme by this author which is why I've read so many of her works. In this installment of her series Cam, one of the seven fallen angels she writes about, has descended into Hell to save his one true love from her own personal version of it. He only has 14 days to win her over while her soul is still angry with him for hurting her hundreds of years before. If he doesn't convince her to fall for him again then he belongs to Lucifer forever as his right hand.

message 5: by Austin (new)

Austin | 1 comments I am reading a book about baseball and how a kids hand got cut off in a meet grinder and continues to play the sport because he loves it and is determined.

message 6: by Mya (new)

Mya | 1 comments I'm reading "Eclipse" and the theme of love is showed a lot throughout this novel. Bella being in love with Edward and him showing he loves her by making sure shes safe even though he could kill her instantly.

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan Whitaker | 2 comments After you,
This is the story about what happens after the book Me before You.
So Louisa is dealing with putting her life back together after loosing her beloved patient that she fell in love with named Will Traynor. She has to deal with what the people in town say about her since she was there when he died. She now lives all by her self in a small apartment in London. As she goes to grief counciling she meets someone. But she is curious to know if she can love again and if anyone can ever take the place of Will.
This book is amazing!!!!!

message 8: by Jaden (new)

Jaden Trego | 2 comments Sayoran loves Sakura with such ferver, he has agreed to give up the item most precious to him: Sakura's love for him. He loves Sakura so much, he is willing to leave his world and travel through the multiverse to retrieve Sakura's memories, even if she will never know who Sayoran is and what he used to mean to her. This love is so powerful, Sayoran will battle monsters and warriors stronger than Sayoran, even risk his life, to save Sakura.

message 9: by Grace (new)

Grace Burton | 4 comments In the book I am reading, Where She Went, the theme of love is shown through the young boy that is still in love with his teenage girlfriend. The love that he has for her is so strong that the few years of being separated has only made him want her more. Tragic and major life events made it almost impossible to stay together causing her to break up with him and move away. Ever since the day she left, he has dealt with depression and a never ending feeling of loneliness . I have just gotten to the part where they have reunited and I am so excited to see how they react!

message 10: by Madison (new)

Madison Wynn | 2 comments Currently, i am reading the book If I stay and i am excited to say that this book is marvelous. The book shows how that in a blink of an eye your world could change. In this story the main character gets involved in a car accident band she seems to have flash backs to memories of her being with the people she loves and doing what she loves.

message 11: by Heba (new)

Heba Akhtar | 3 comments A Song For Ella Grey,
Is a modern take on the tragic love story of Orpheus and Eurydice.
Claire and Ella, two teenagers with an unbreakable friendship until a strange yet handsome man strolls onto the beach and changes their lives forever. He sings them into a different reality in which they gain a new understanding about themselves. Ella instantly falls in love with him while her best friend is left behind.

message 12: by Jordann (new)

Jordann Hart | 1 comments The book I am reading is "The Longest Ride". It is about a bull rider who falls in love with a college girl. In the beginning it talks about an older couple who fell in love with someone and how they're love story started. The older guy wrote a passage in a diary everyday about how his day was with the lady. Soon after she dies, the old man goes and reads back through the diaries. I recommend this book if you like romance.

message 13: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Hartis | 3 comments In the "Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks, Ronnie is slowly falling for Will. In the beginning, Ronnie was cold and introverted when she arrived to stay with her father. She was rude to Will and pushed him away, but now she really likes him and can even see a future together. Their romance is growing too. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

message 14: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Carroll | 4 comments In "Let It Snow", so far two of the three stories that intertwine have had romance themes as well as a coming of age theme. In the first story, although Jubilee has a boyfriend, she can't help but have a strange attraction to Stuart, who she ends up falling for and spending Christmas with in the small mountain community known as Gracetown, NC. In the other story, so far, Tobin, JD and the Duke have all decided to go down to the Waffle House on Christmas Eve to meet up with their friend Keun who works there and is surrounded by cheerleaders. The Duke, whose real name is Angie, has been treated like "one of the guys" all of her life and she is fed up with it. Tobin slowly begins to realize that he is attracted to the Duke and she feels the same about him.

message 15: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Adams | 4 comments I'm reading Gossip Girl. My book has a lot of themes but a very common one is love. Dan is absolute love with Serena and Serena is almost creeped out by him. He writes poetry about her and sends them to her and the thinks this is weird. Dan thinks that Serena fell from heaven and is a gift to the world. Serena just looks at him as if he is a normal nice guy. Dan is in love with her and she is not in love with him at all this has been going on for a while and isn't a new thing so Serena will probably never love him like he loves her.

message 16: by Madison (new)

Madison Wynn | 2 comments I am reading the book "If I Stay" currently she is in the hospital battling for her life. She is surrounded by her friends and family who are rarely allowed to her .