2021 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2014 > Mell's 35 in 2014

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mell (new)

Mell (mellrouvray) So, I've been around the group for a while so I thought I should add my own challenge in! I set this challenge at the start of the year, but think I might need to up it - reading a lot more and I'm loving it!

Here are the books I have read so far this year:

1. The Twelve Days of Christmas by Trisha Ashley 03.01.14
2. Nobody But Him by Victoria Purman 12.01.14
3. Essie's Way by Pamela Cook 07.02.14
4. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd 26.02.14
5. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak 20.03.14
6. Seven Sons by Lili St. Germain 22.03.14
7. Six Brothers by Lili St. Germain 24.03.14
8. Someone Like You by Victoria Purman 05.04.14
9. Too Close by Lilliana Anderson 07.04.14
10. A Beautiful Forever by Lilliana Anderson 10.04.14
11. Phoenix: The Beauty in Between by Lilliana Anderson 17.04.14
12.Commitment: The Beauty in Between by Lilliana Anderson 18.04.14
13. A Beautiful Melody by Lilliana Anderson 20.04.14
14. A Beautiful Rock by Lilliana Anderson 21.04.14
15. Five Miles by Lili St. Germain 23.04.14
16. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 24.04.14

message 2: by Mell (new)

message 3: by Mell (new)

Mell (mellrouvray) 18. Consequences by Aleatha Romig 16.06.14

message 4: by Mell (new)

Mell (mellrouvray) 19. Crush on You by Christie Ridgway 20.06.14

message 6: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3888 comments Hi Melissa! You are doing really well on your challenge. What have been your favorites so far this year?

message 7: by Mell (new)

Mell (mellrouvray) Thanks! I have actually upped my challenge to 35 books - it was telling me I was always 5 ahead, so thought I would see how I went!

Definitely The Fault in Our Stars would have to be my number one.
But I have also loved the Beautiful series by Lilliana Anderson - I love that each main book has a different couple but they are all related. The latest companion book, Devotion: The Beauty in Between has all the previous couples in it so it's so great to see where their lives are up to :)

message 8: by Adriana (last edited Jun 25, 2014 09:03PM) (new)

Adriana | 3888 comments Melissa wrote: "Thanks! I have actually upped my challenge to 35 books - it was telling me I was always 5 ahead, so thought I would see how I went!

Definitely The Fault in Our Stars would have to..."

The Beautiful Series sounds like something I think... Danielle Steel did. It was about these siblings finding love and they mentioned those who got married and everything in the next books. I love that concept. It would be great to see the characters I connected with so much in one story in another story with other characters I connected so much with. If that makes any sense :P ~ sounds like a good series.

message 9: by Mell (new)

Mell (mellrouvray) Yeah it's a bit like that. Each main book focuses on a different couple, they are linked through friendship or other relationships that didn't work out - always characters that have been mentioned previously. It's so great because sometimes those side characters don't get much mention when you'd really like to get to know them :)
I definitely recommend reading them. I'm so glad I came across them. Waiting for the next book is torture haha.

message 10: by Mell (new)

Mell (mellrouvray) 21. Four Score by Lili St. Germain 27.06.14

message 11: by Mell (new)

Mell (mellrouvray) 22. Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella 02.07.14

message 12: by Mell (new)

message 13: by Mell (new)