S.S. Rebel Alliance (Silent Sustained Reading Discussions) discussion

Theme of Love and/or Acceptance

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Hill | 30 comments Mod
This is a place for you to discuss how the theme of love and/or acceptance appears in the books you are reading. How does your character experience love and/or acceptance? How do they feel about love and/or acceptance? What are your personal thoughts? Don't forget to tell us what book you are reading.

message 2: by Meredith (new)

Meredith | 2 comments The Great Gatsby
Gatsby must accept that daisy will not pick him over tom.

message 3: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Hill | 30 comments Mod
Meredith wrote: "The Great Gatsby
Gatsby must accept that daisy will not pick him over tom."

How does he think about that? What struggles does he have?

message 4: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Rivera | 3 comments The Trouble in Me
The theme of acceptance is developed in this book by viewing the mind of a young boy named Jack and his struggles with fitting in with his family as well as his peers. Jack is desperate to fit in anywhere he can, even if that means becoming friends with the juvenile delinquent next door. How far Jack goes to confirm his loyalty to the new found friendship is dangerous to both his life, and his future.

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Badillo | 2 comments The Titans Curse -Is about teenagers who think they are normal human beings until they find out their decendents of Greek Gods. They have to go through a process of acceptance and accept they are who they are and their lives are what they are. They have to accept their lives and embrace it for good because if not your life could be at risk.

message 6: by Traci (new)

Traci | 3 comments The Rest of Us Just Live Here- This book revolved around the idea of acceptance. In the story, we follow Mikey as all the cool, indie kids are being taken for some awesome adventures while he's just trying to get through life. He slowly learns to accept that you can't think fate will rule your life and you have the choice to make your life what you want.

message 7: by Nadia (last edited May 04, 2016 10:23AM) (new)

Nadia  Maji (kawaiineko) Calamity- This book shows the theme of love and acceptance because the main character David has to accept that he is the very thing he hates (mostly) and is out to kill. It shows love because he falls in love with an epic and his love overcomes his hate for epics.

message 8: by Ashaiya (new)

Ashaiya | 1 comments My book is about a girl who is the " outcast " of her family . They lived in New York , and recently moved to New Jersey , The main character is an aspiring actress but her mother as well as her sister's do not support her dreams. Her family tells her that she is going through a phase , but she knows deep down that her heart is in acting.

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Cummings | 4 comments The Dark Witch
The theme of love/acceptance is present in this book. The main character is a witch who travels to Ireland to help her cousins fight this evil sorcerer. While in Ireland, she meets this man. The man is very confused about his feelings for her and does not trust his feelings completely. The story relates to the reader the struggle between the witches and the sorcerer and between the man and main witch.

message 10: by Skylar (new)

Skylar Holden-Bache | 4 comments In my book, Charlie is a quiet boy who has always had trouble in social situations and with making friends. Charlie is now a freshman in high school and is not accepted by most people in his school, so he just stays to himself. Charlie met a girl named Sam and her brother, Patrick. Patrick and Sam are very accepting of Charlie even though he is four years younger and socially awkward. Because of Sam and Patrick befriending Charlie, his confidence is much higher and he has started to open up more and do more things out of his comfort zone.

message 11: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Adams | 4 comments In my book, One of the main characters is Blair. Blair's mom and her dad got a divorce and her dad is now gay and her mom is seeing a new guy. Blair doesn't like the guy that her mom is dating because he is nothing like them. He is rich, but that's all he has. He is short fat, bald and unattractive. Her mom came home excited the other day and broke the news to Blair that Cryus had asked her to marry him and she said yes! Blair is having a very hard time accepting that her mom is going to marry Cryus. Blair is also having hard time accepting that her dad is gay and has a boyfriend.

message 12: by Will (new)

Will Hamilton | 2 comments In my book, and old man named Ted moves next door to Bobby. Bobby's mother dislikes Ted because of how he is dressed and the bags he kept his belongings in. Bobby is nice to Ted and starts talking to him. They end up friends.

message 13: by Tia (new)

Tia McMillian | 3 comments in my book, one of the main character is Hazel. She thinks she is depressed. Her mom and doctor agreed on taking her to cancer support group. They all share how they are winning there fight and acceptance from everyone. Hazel refuses to share her story at first but does share.

message 14: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Pecoul | 5 comments The Owl Who Liked Sitting on Caesar

In my book, the narrator is trying to take care of his companion owl. Throughout the book, they each learn to accept and care for one another, although in different ways, regardless of the stage of life they are in.

message 15: by Bob (new)

Bob | 2 comments I read a big shark encyclopedia and I learned about how different types of sharks mate. It was a true love story that really spoke to me.

message 16: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Hartis | 3 comments In my book, The Notebook, Allie and Noah are falling in love. It is a story about their relationship and what they have to face.

message 17: by Emily (new)

Emily Ramondini | 3 comments In my book, Eleanor and Park, Eleanor comes from a very dysfunctional family. Park is just another guy that goes to high school and is living his own life. One day, after Eleanor moves into Park's neighborhood, The two characters meet on the bus when Eleanor sits next to Park. Over the course of the book, Park and Eleanor slowly get more and more attached to each other. Eleanor is always skeptical about if Park is expressing how he truly feels about her because of her dysfunctional family. She is slowly accepting that she is in a relationship with him. I think