#AYEARATHON discussion

And Then There Were None
This topic is about And Then There Were None
March 2016 - Horror/Suspense > And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie (SPOILERS)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ke-sha (angel707) | 2018 comments Mod
This is the SPOILER thread for "And Then There Were None" so anything goes. If you don't want to be spoiled go to the Non-Spoiler thread linked down below:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by ke-sha (last edited Mar 04, 2016 06:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

So who Saw that ending coming? And what was your favorite part of the novel? Also are you planning on watching the BBC Adaptation of it?

Soumya  (-crazyangelicvamp-) I certainly didn't see it coming! I was actually unable to believe that the judge did it!!

Amanda I did see it coming because the Estonian version of the book printed an excerpt of Wargrave's letter in the back of the book and of course I read it before diving into the book. It was still fun to read how everything unraveled though.

I also saw the BBC adaption and if someone is still wondering whether or not to see it, please do yourself a favour and watch it. It does not follow the book to a T, but it's done really well and all the characters are portrayed so well. (You'll also get to see Aidan Turner without his shirt which is a sight to see)

Soumya wrote: "I certainly didn't see it coming! I was actually unable to believe that the judge did it!!"

I can see why he did it, but at the same time I really didn't think it would be him. I was like someone else is on this island right? cause even when you searching a house all someone has to do is hide in a place you've recently searched.

Amanda wrote: "I did see it coming because the Estonian version of the book printed an excerpt of Wargrave's letter in the back of the book and of course I read it before diving into the book. It was still fun to..."

Yeah, even though I've read it many times before I love rereading it and seeing it all unravel again.

I LOVED the adaptation. I had two sleepless night watching it Lol
I didn't expect to be so hook. Everyone's performance was excellent for me and I wasn't disappointed in the casting choices at all.

message 7: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana (404-equivalent) | 90 comments I've read it very long time ago, so I don't remember everything precisely. I do remember the ending, when there are only 2 people left and they both think the other's the murderer and I really liked that scene, it was so unique.

message 8: by Elizabeth (last edited Mar 08, 2016 02:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth OMG I just finished it and I didn't even see that end coming at all .it kept me guessing though out the book , I mean every time I thought I know who it was ,they ended up dead, and then I kept think ok so there's someone else on the island with them. but then I went back to no they checked and didn't find anyone, so then I was like ok it has to be one of them , but who, I kept think after a while it was the Dr, but then once again I was wrong, like I said before I didn't even seen the end coming.

Soumya  (-crazyangelicvamp-) ke-sha wrote: "Soumya wrote: "I certainly didn't see it coming! I was actually unable to believe that the judge did it!!"

I can see why he did it, but at the same time I really didn't think it would be him. I wa..."

I was actually thinking it might be Lombard. Then when that girl killed him, I naturlally thought she was the culprit. But when she just went and killed herself, I was totally confused. I didn't suspect the judge at all, mainly because of his profession...

message 10: by Jake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jake Kropik (jkjkjk15) My guess was Vera from the beginning. I thought Emily was going to be painted as the murderer, and in the end maybe save one person from Vera, making two survivors. (When I make predictions in books, they are very thought out LOL!) I was happily surprised by who the killer was, but about four of the deaths were predicted.

message 11: by Jake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jake Kropik (jkjkjk15) My guess was Vera from the beginning. I thought Emily was going to be painted as the murderer, and in the end maybe save one person from Vera, making two survivors. (When I make predictions in books, they are very thought out LOL!) I was happily surprised by who the killer was, but about four of the deaths were predicted.

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 11 comments I suspected Armstrong, the doctor, the whole time. Funny how he ended up being the accomplice, unknowingly ☺ I ruled Wargrave (or however you spell it, I listened to the audiobook) out because Armstrong had confirmed the bullet hole in his head ... didn't think Armstrong would have been in on it! Good one! I did not find it scary, though, like some people did. It didn't have me on the edge of my seat or anything. The seaweed hanging down touching her neck sounded gross but, not "scary." Perhaps I'm desensitized to thrillers. It was still good nonetheless. Very much like Clue. I liked that we got the full explaination at the end too. Without that, I wouldn't have been satisfied.