#AYEARATHON discussion

And Then There Were None
This topic is about And Then There Were None
59 views
March 2016 - Horror/Suspense > And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie (Non-Spoiler)

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (last edited Feb 24, 2016 10:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
This is the NON-SPOILER thread for Talking about "And Then There Were None" PLEASE NO SPOILERS there's a specific thread link down below for that:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...


Elizabeth I'm so in with this one. It's funny we're reading this one as our March pick and my other group Mysteries & Crime Thrillers
Group monthly reads
March: Murder on the Orient Express (A Hercule Poirot Mystery) by Agatha Christie Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie is this one.


Kirsten (kielianne) | 164 comments I hope to join in on this too as I've had the book on my shelf for some time now, just waiting to be read! :) Mine looks like this: And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie


Soumya  (-crazyangelicvamp-) Well, I just joined here and I've already read the book (A great Christie fan) but I'll join in the discussion. It really is an excellent book


Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 11 comments ke-sha wrote: "This is the NON-SPOILER thread for Talking about "And Then There Were None" PLEASE NO SPOILERS there's a specific thread link down below for that:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...-..."


Can't we just use the spoiler tag to remove them? This: (view spoiler)


Soumya  (-crazyangelicvamp-) yah point


ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
Danielle wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "This is the NON-SPOILER thread for Talking about "And Then There Were None" PLEASE NO SPOILERS there's a specific thread link down below for that:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/sho..."


It's just easier to have two separate threads. This way no one accidentally spoils someone or themselves.


ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
Elizabeth wrote: "I'm so in with this one. It's funny we're reading this one as our March pick and my other group Mysteries & Crime Thrillers
Group monthly reads
March: [bookcover:Murder on the Orient Express|957172..."


Yay, 2 for 1 deal. Hope you enjoy it :)


message 9: by I'mogén (new) - added it

I'mogén (peacecookiesbooks) | 71 comments Did anybody catch the BBC 3-part show? It was brilliant!


Elizabeth ke-sha wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I'm so in with this one. It's funny we're reading this one as our March pick and my other group Mysteries & Crime Thrillers
Group monthly reads
March: Murder on the Orient Express (A Hercule Poirot Mystery) by Agatha Christie give it five stars: there's something about the main character that makes you love him even if his a bit rude. I read somewhere that in the 1930s, Christie wrote in her diary that she was finding Poirot "insufferable", and by the 1960s she felt that he was "an egocentric creep".



Mom2triplets04 | 13 comments Listening to this on audio. Great for mystery madness readathon.


Mom2triplets04 | 13 comments Listening to this on audio. Great for mystery madness readathon.


ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
I'mogén wrote: "Did anybody catch the BBC 3-part show? It was brilliant!"

Yes, I saw it. I LOVED it!!!


ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
Elizabeth wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I'm so in with this one. It's funny we're reading this one as our March pick and my other group Mysteries & Crime Thrillers
Group monthly reads
March: [bookcover:Mu..."


Really? I've always liked him, but I guess I can see why she thought that. It's been a while since I've read any books featuring him so I need to correct that without Rereading "Murder On The Orient Express" hopefully Lol I want to start with Book 1 in the series.


ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
Mom2triplets04 wrote: "Listening to this on audio. Great for mystery madness readathon."

How do you like the Person/People who are Narrating it?


ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
Kirsten wrote: "I hope to join in on this too as I've had the book on my shelf for some time now, just waiting to be read! :) Mine looks like this: And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie"

I like that cover. Hope your able to get to it and that you enjoy it :)


Elizabeth Here's what mine looks look: And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie . I actually got this one and Murder on the Orient Express (A Hercule Poirot Mystery) by Agatha Christie ( already read) and a this one The Burnt House A Decker/Lazarus Novel by Faye Kellerman by Faye Kellerman ( already read) on 2/13/16 at books a million, they was having their buy 2 get the 3rd one free sale going on. Any way just started it and can I say that this is the first time of read this one, it'll be the third book of her that I've read, didn't even know who she was until I read one of books last year when did the Agatha Christie read a thon.anyway what I was going to say is after reading the synopsi it made me think of the game Clue. Anyone else think that or is it just me.


message 18: by Jake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jake Kropik (jkjkjk15) Wow I'm about 1/3 through and I must say I'm impressed. When the deaths started, the book definitely picks up! :)


Soumya  (-crazyangelicvamp-) yeah


Kirsten (kielianne) | 164 comments ke-sha wrote: "I like that cover. Hope your able to get to it and that you enjoy it :)"

Thanks! I at least started it last night, but only about 30 pages in thus far.


message 21: by Danielle ♥ (last edited Mar 27, 2016 05:48PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 11 comments It's hard to pay attention to all the detail at first! I'm listening to the audiobook and the narrator is one of the best I've ever heard!!! He does the different voices SOOOo well. Actually matches (and is better, in my opinion) than the movie ...

... speaking of which, has anyone else watched the two-part Lifetime movie?? I've watched part one of two (I'm about halfway through the book) and they're quite different.


message 22: by ke-sha (last edited Mar 27, 2016 06:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
Danielle wrote: "It's hard to pay attention to all the detail at first! I'm listening to the audiobook and the narrator is one of the best I've ever heard!!! He does the different voices SOOOo well. Actually matche..."

I haven't seen the Lifetime movie. Didn't know they did one. But maybe were talking about the same one. Because I know BBC did an Adaptation and it played on The Lifetime Channel. The one that has Sam Neil and Aiden Turner in it? If So, I loved that adaptation. They were different enough for it to be entertaining on its own, but still very similar.


message 23: by Danielle ♥ (last edited Mar 31, 2016 12:24PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 11 comments ke-sha wrote: "I haven't seen the Lifetime movie. Didn't know they did one. But maybe were talking about the same one. Because I know BBC did an Adaptation and it played on The Lifetime Channel. The one that has Sam Neil and Aiden Turner... "

@ke-sha Must be the same one! Douglas Booth, Charles Dance, Maeve Dermody, Burn Gorman, Anna Maxwell Martin, Sam Neill, Miranda Richardson, Toby Stephens, Noah Taylor, Aidan Turner
http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/and-...


Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 11 comments I'm almost done! There are three of them left! I have no guesses as to which one of them is the murderer ... I just hope it's revealed at the ending and it makes sense! I hate when they have to stretch to make the ending explanation fit the story, or when some brand new piece of information is brought up a few pages before the ending is revealed...


back to top