11.22.63 11.22.63 discussion

11.22.63 mini-series

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brooke Simpson I saw a commercial for 11.22.63 mini-series on Hulu starring James Franco. Anyone seen it? Any good?

I am interested in watching to see how some of things in the book are visualized :)

Marc Childs The show is actually really entertaining and I am thoroughly enjoying it. That being said it took me a solid hour into the first episode to get past the fact that not a single scene matches with how it occurred in the books. If you treat them as separate entities both are great, if you are looking for a representation of the book I suggest staying as far away as possible. Even minor details like keeping his name Jake in the past as Jake Amberson instead of George, simply nonsense. But based solely on entertainment it is really good.

Brooke Simpson Thanks! I'm sure they simplified it for TV, but I will check it out anyway.

Dena Starostovic Brooke wrote: "I saw a commercial for 11.22.63 mini-series on Hulu starring James Franco. Anyone seen it? Any good?

I am interested in watching to see how some of things in the book are visualized :)"

I have been watching it and only signed up on Hulu for the series. I am enjoying it so far. If you also connect on facebook you get some of the inside scoop after each episode since they cannot possibly fit everything from the book in the series. I think Franco is managing the role great. And the character playing Harry is perfect. So now - getting ready for the part with the girlfriend and I think it will start to get more related to the book. But yes - I am enjoying it.

message 5: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim I loved the book and I loved the show, but there were some significant differences, both for the better and the worse. I can definitely say that I enjoyed the resolution of the show more than the book. Bittersweet, but perfect.

Jessica Pickett I love the book and loved the show. Never been a huge fan of James Franco, but he was outstanding in this show. I made a promise to myself that I would watch this show without comparing it to the book and that is exactly what I did. I am sure, actually I know, that there were significant differences but I chose to ignore this and enjoy the show. I LOVED it!!!