Play Book Tag discussion

Archives 2016-2017 > 2015 Best Books from Bookmarks Magazine

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6299 comments Bookmarks Magazine (a favorite of mine) looked at 23 different publications to creat a "List of Best Books" based on which had the most votes.

Just thought I'd list below those with 5 or more votes. If you are interested in those with 4 and 3 votes, let me know.

FICTION

A Little Life - 9 listed
The Story of the Lost Child - 8
Fates and Furies - 7
Purity - 6
The Sellout - 5

NON-FICTION

H is for Hawk - 10
Between the World and Me - 9

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments I have read A Little Life and own all the others except the Ferrante book. I really want to get to The Sellout and Between the World and me but I'm so far behind on my reading goals because I keep getting sidetracked.

I'm actually very much liking Goodreads (to my surprise) but it has caused havoc on my TBR and reading goals.

message 3: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Just got The Sellout from the library and I own Fates and Furies. H is for Hawk is on my wishlist. I don't like Franzen and I don't think I could read A Little Life.

message 4: by Anita (last edited Feb 24, 2016 11:02AM) (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6299 comments I'm excited because I am getting a free copy of H is for Hawk - - it's en route. I've read A Little Life. The rest are on the TBR!

Well other than the Ferrante book because I want to read the series starting with book #1. Assuming I like book #1.

message 5: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4916 comments Jen wrote: "I'm actually very much liking Goodreads (to my surprise) ..."

Me too, Jen, but really I haven't explored much of GR outside of PBT. It's the group that is making me enjoy GoodReads when before I couldn't care less about it. Just goes to prove that home is not the place, it's the people!