Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Young Adult Standalone

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carlie (last edited Feb 24, 2016 09:18AM) (new)

Carlie Liddle | 5 comments I've recently started Rainbow Rowell books and I've read all but one John Green book and im looking for something similar to read. preferably a teen love story or something linking to mental health llike The Perks of being a Wallflower (also I'd prefer something that isn't a series) :) thanks in advance

message 2: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Ann (thefictionalfairy) | 345 comments Have you read the Stephanie Perkins books? It's not a series per se. But there are three of them. Anna and the French Kiss. Lola and the Boy Next Door. Isla and the Happily Ever After.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid
jandy nelson also shares the green fandom

message 5: by Gisbelle (last edited Mar 01, 2016 06:21PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Here are a few of my favorite YA standalone:

The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens The Revenge Playbook by Rachael Allen Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten Between Us and the Moon by Rebecca Maizel The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi The Secrets of Attraction by Robin Constantine Last Year's Mistake by Gina Ciocca After Hours by Claire Kennedy Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway The Improbable Theory of Ana and Zak by Brian Katcher Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff Promposal by Rhonda Helms The Five Stages of Andrew Brawley by Shaun David Hutchinson This Is How It Ends by Jen Nadol Can't Look Away by Donna Cooner Fan Art by Sarah Tregay On the Fence by Kasie West 17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens

message 6: by Haley (new)

Haley | 34 comments My all time favorite YA stand alone is
From What I Remember... by Stacy Kramer

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Haley wrote: "My all time favorite YA stand alone is
From What I Remember... by Stacy Kramer"

I loved that one too.

message 8: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 52 comments I second Don't Look Back. It's a great read!

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley From Fame to Shame by Veronica Blade Destiny's Detour by Mari Brown Magnolia by Kristi Cook Falling for the Ghost of You by Nicole Christie Slow Burn by Nicole Christie Offside by Shay Savage Breaking Alexandria by K.A. Robinson

message 10: by Grace Meredith (new)

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I'm not sure if this is technically considered YA, but The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon is absolutely brilliant. It stars a boy named Christopher Boone, who's autistic, and when his neighbor's dog is murdered, he sets out to find the culprit. It's super fast and very engaging. One of my favorite books in the universe.

Also, Sophie Kinsella's new book, Finding Audrey, is about a young woman who suffers from PTSD. It's set in England and is positively HILARIOUS, and is also a very sweet and heartwarming story.

message 11: by Marylene (new)

Marylene | 3 comments I really enjoyed Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher from message 4.

message 12: by Carlie (new)

Carlie Liddle | 5 comments thanks everyone for your suggestions :) Ill have to start looking into them to see what to red next

message 13: by S.Shade (new)

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (callee7) I just finished reading All the Bright Places by Jennifer Nevin, not even 10 minutes ago. It is a very touching and emotional read. Highly recommended!

message 15: by Carlie (new)

Carlie Liddle | 5 comments so I was at asda (UK supermarket) and saw When we collided by Emery Lord and it just kind of stood out to me, so I bought it for a bargain of £4 and I'm obsessed. it has everything that I wanted in a YA book and its so far its so relatable to how fast my own relationship happened. :)

message 16: by Mitsy (new)

message 17: by Imogene (new)

Imogene Dacanay (muggleboooks) | 1 comments Damsel Distressed by Kelsey Macke! I just finished reading it and it was really great

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma Rilyn I highly recommend falling into place by Amy Zhang, trust me its everything your looking for and probably more. I adored it! XD

message 19: by CR (new)

CR Daylex (carryingabyss) | 10 comments Here are mine:

We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember
Just Visiting by Dahlia Adler
When We Collided by Emery Lord

message 20: by Toddie (new)

Toddie (toddied) Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt I cannot tell you how much I loved this book. It focuses on Doug, who's the new kid in town and whose family doesn't have the greatest reputation. But he finds inspiration in the most unusual of places and as he begins to find himself, he opens himself up to the world as well. All the characters in this novel are wonderful and three dimensional and funny, and I did not want the book to end.

message 21: by Toddie (new)

Toddie (toddied) I just added Finding Audrey to my To Read list. Thanks for the recommendation!