Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Inkheart (Inkworld, #1)
This topic is about Inkheart
Inkheart, by Cornelia Funke

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah | 547 comments I decided to read Inkheart for week 7, a book about books, seemed like it would be a perfect fit for the week. I have had this book on my to-read list since I saw the movie and found out it was a book.

Who wouldn't love to be able to read a book aloud and have the characters just come right out of the book and into our world? Oh the fun you could have with that little power!

message 2: by Abigale (new) - added it

Abigale (ladyabigale) I never saw the movie, but I remember enjoying the book and it's sequel, but never read the third. I'd definitely have to reread, but it was a wild ride!! I hope you enjoy!!

Silvia Turcios | 1071 comments I have considered the second one in the series, Inkspell , for the category of a book about books or for a book originally written in a language other than English :)

Sarah | 547 comments Well I finished this one awhile ago and forgot to come back here and update this!

I really enjoyed reading this book. The author did a very good job on being descriptive and making you feel like you are a part of the story. I also made me want to re-watch the movie some time soon!

message 5: by Barbara (last edited Nov 17, 2016 01:44AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Barbara Pereira (babitix) | 757 comments 25. A book whose main character is in a profession that interests you

This book wasn't too nice. It was pretty interesting, by the beggining, but at the end I was almost screaming and giving up of the reading. (Sorry for the English, I don't know how to express my feelings about this book. I'm lost LOL).

Favorite Character: Meggie, because she is brave!

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 2713 comments I should not have left this book for last! It has completely destroyed my momentum on finishing the challenge. The story itself seems pretty interesting, but for me it is bogged down by way too much description. The book is way too slow-paced for me.

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 2713 comments Finally finished this book!! It took me almost a full week, and I didn't enjoy it much at all. It was much too slow-paced and I had a hard time connecting with any of the characters, and as a result I had trouble keeping up with what was happening.

I'm with Babitix on this. I liked the beginning and I thought the idea behind the story was cool, but I was very, very close to DNF-ing this one, which is something I never do!