Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - General > 9 Best Thrillers with Strong Female Protagonists

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_perkins) | 10 comments Interesting question. I'm not familiar with most of these - will have to check them out.

message 3: by Faith (new)

Faith | 88 comments I liked The Shut Eye. I would also add Tenacity to the list.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen (karen94066) | 262 comments Laura Lippman is terrific! I have a copy of The Expats on the to be read pile.

message 5: by Marion (new)

Marion Mlodynia | 573 comments I did not like Girl on a Train at all. The main character of the story (the girl) was so unsympathetic. Yuk

message 6: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Carden | 117 comments I have others I would list if this also included mysteries.

The Informationist by Taylor Stevens.

I'm not a fan of the Girl on a Train either. Some odd choices on that list.

message 7: by Ian (new)

Ian Coates (iancoatesthrillers) | 6 comments Skin and Bones Skin and Bones is a great book with a strong female lead. Although it deals with a mass shooting, it's nicely done - it's not gratuitous, but is portrayed simply but nonetheless has an impact. Highly recommended.

message 8: by Rowena (new)

Rowena Hoseason | -3 comments Can I add The Breaks: An Angela McGlynn Thriller to this list? A forceful, intelligent female protagonist, written by an excellent female author, Eden Sharp.

https://murdermayhemandmore.wordpress...

message 9: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Jensen (sheri_jensen) | -2 comments Marion wrote: "I did not like Girl on a Train at all. The main character of the story (the girl) was so unsympathetic. Yuk"

I agree, but with the amount excellent reviews, thought maybe I was the only one. I couldn't finish the book.

message 10: by Mia (new)

Mia I have to add 'In a Dark, Dark Wood' by Ruth Ware.

message 11: by MadProfessah (new)

MadProfessah (madprofesssah) | 42 comments I'd add DS Manon from "PRESUMED, INNOCENT" as a thriller (more police procedural) with a strong female protagonist.

Also Karin Slaughter 'a Grant County series.

message 12: by Julia (last edited Nov 29, 2017 06:48PM) (new)

Julia Klaverenga I'd add A is for Alibi's Kinsey Milhone. She's one of my favorites.

message 13: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 64 comments No Mercy (Mercy Gunderson Mystery, #1) by Lori G. Armstrong Now You See Me (Lacey Flint, #1) by Sharon J. Bolton Mallory's Oracle (Kathleen Mallory, #1) by Carol O'Connell Talking to the Dead (Fiona Griffiths, #1) by Harry Bingham Cold Mourning (Stonechild and Rouleau Mystery, #1) by Brenda Chapman

These are some series with strong female protagonists, some still running, some not.

message 14: by TraceyK (new)

TraceyK (traceykrogers21) Definately Alex Kava's series of Maggie O'dell & Robert Dugoni's series of Tracy Crosswhite.
They will be my forever books!

message 15: by Julia (last edited Dec 04, 2017 06:06AM) (new)

Julia Klaverenga I have the first Tracy Crosswhilte in my library, but haven't started it yet. Thanks for letting us know about this series. I received it as a gift but hadn't really been interested until now.

message 16: by Ben (new)

Ben (pezdad) | 5 comments Kirsten wrote: "A list of the 9 Best Thrillers with Strong Female Protagonists from Open Road Media:

http://www.feedyourneedtoread.com/fea......"

I liked "The Girl In The Spider's Web", but the next in the series ("The Girl Who Takes An Eye For An Eye") not so much. Langercrantz is good, but he's no Stieg Larsson .