What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical Romance - They meet at a dance, male looks the female over and proceeds to think something along the lines of 'she's built like a harlot and would be good for a tussle in the hay'

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karissa (new)

Karissa (madam_muffins) | 6 comments Historical romance.

The thing that stuck with me most about this book is that the male and female leads meet in a dance hall in the beginning. The male looks the female over and proceeds to think something along the lines of 'she's built like a harlot and would be good for a tussle in the hay'. I'm pretty sure he spends their acquaintance trying to help marry her off before realizing he loves her himself.

She has a rather large, weird family (don't they all?).

I'm pretty sure there's a friend named Vivian who is amazing. Sorry for the lack of details, I read this years and years ago.

Help?

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 8 comments I know I have read a book just like that years and years ago (in paperback so its been a while). You could try looking in the Cynster Family Series by Stephanie Laurens.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 3: by Karissa (new)

Karissa (madam_muffins) | 6 comments I don't think that's the series, thank you though.

message 4: by Karissa (new)

Karissa (madam_muffins) | 6 comments Bump

message 5: by Sarbi (new)

Sarbi Maybe One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1) by Tessa Dare

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39247 comments Mod
Karissa, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Karissa (new)

Karissa (madam_muffins) | 6 comments Still looking

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan | 73 comments What time frame is it set in?

message 9: by Karissa (new)

Karissa (madam_muffins) | 6 comments I don't know :( I honestly don't remember too much. It's been such a really long time. I read this over thirteen years ago.

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (shoe777) | 6 comments If he calls the girl a Harlot it's probably set in earlier time period.

message 11: by Jen Ev Eve (new)

Jen Ev Eve | 81 comments Following