All Challenges All The Time discussion

Scattergories Challenges > Scattergories~ Round 4

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

Jojobean | 1584 comments Mod
Specifics
♥ Each round of Scattergories will last for 3 months
♥ We will be using the real dice for this...I will roll the dice in the presence of one of my family members so that they see what I rolled (so no one can say I cheated :D)
♥ For this first round I will start with categories that are easy and basic~ but as the rounds continue the categories will be getting harder. I also will use real categories from the Scattergories game cards.
♥ You don't have to do all categories
♥ One book per category

Duration of Round 4
May 1, 2014 ~ July 31, 2014

Letter of Round 4
B

Categories
1. Title
2. Author
3. Series Name
4. Cover Item
5. Genre
6. Paranormal Creature
7. U.S. City
8. Item in a Room
9. Bright Things
10. Things That are Soft
11. Things You Wear
12. Things in the Sky

Notes:
♥ Include cover or link to book for every book
♥ Must include cover when posting for the cover item category
♥ Please include all names when posting books for name categories
♥ Post color name and cover for that category
♥ Post location or setting for that category

Scoring
♥Score 1 point for each time you use the given letter
ex~ if letter was C, the book Catching Fire would be worth 1 point; whereas Colleen Cook (made up name) would be worth 2

message 2: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (last edited Jun 13, 2014 09:15PM) (new)

Participants

Trisha

Mandiann

Rebecca

message 3: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

Scattergories~ Round 4

Categories
1. Title
2. Author
3. Series Name
4. Cover Item
5. Genre
6. Paranormal Creature
7. U.S. City
8. Item in a Room
9. Bright Things
10. Things That are Soft
11. Things You Wear
12. Things in the Sky

message 4: by Trisha (last edited Jul 28, 2014 11:29AM) (new)

Trisha Round 4
Start Date: 5/1/2014
Completed: 7/27

14/12 (+ for double points)

Letter of Round 4
B

Categories
1. Title: The Bald Bandit 5/22 (+2)
2. Author: Bella Forrest A Shade of Vampire 5/6
3. Series Name: Beautiful Creatures Beautiful Redemption 5/17
4. Cover Item: Blue liquid Vitro 5/10
5. Genre: Biography Memoir Now I See You: A Memoir 6/21
6. Paranormal Creature: Beast Of Beast and Beauty 6/26
7. U.S. City: Burlington We Were Liars 6/13
8. Item in a Room: Bed To All the Boys I've Loved Before 5/21
9. Bright Things: Blood Orange Soda Blood Orange Soda 5/28
10. Things That are Soft: Bow Rebel Belle 3/23
11. Things You Wear: Brown Boots Since You've Been Gone (+2) 6/17
12. Things in the Sky: butterfly Madapple 5/6

Finished:
Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Madapple by Christina Meldrum Blood Orange Soda by James Michael Larranaga To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han Vitro by Jessica Khoury Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4) by Kami Garcia A Shade of Vampire (A Shade of Vampire, #1) by Bella Forrest The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) by Ron Roy Now I See You A Memoir by Nicole C. Kear Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

message 5: by Mandiann (last edited Jul 29, 2014 10:41AM) (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 15 comments Scattergories~ Round 4

15/12

Letter: B

Categories
1. Title Burning Blue (+2) 7/2
2. Author Beagle, Peter S.The Last Unicorn (5/10)
3. Series Name: Burn for Burn Fire with Fire (7/28)
4. Cover Item Bus Sky on Fire 7/10
5. Genre
6. Paranormal Creature: Beast Of Beast and Beauty 6/27
7. U.S. City: Burlington We Were Liars 7/27
8. Item in a Room Bricks My Life With The Walter Boys 6/11
9. Bright Things Burning Buildings The Shattered Mountain (+2) 6/16
10. Things That are Soft Brown Brow Looking for Alaska (+2) 6/22
11. Things You Wear Beautiful Beads Rebel Belle (+2) 6/3
12. Things in the Sky Bolide Tin Star (5/3)

Books completed: Tin Star by Cecil Castellucci The Last Unicorn (The Last Unicorn, #1) by Peter S. Beagle Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Looking for Alaska by John Green The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6) by Rae Carson My Life With The Walter Boys by Ali Novak Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay Sky on Fire (Monument 14, #2) by Emmy Laybourne Burning Blue by Paul Griffin We Were Liars by E. Lockhart Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn, #2) by Jenny Han

message 6: by Rebecca (last edited Jul 05, 2014 06:26PM) (new)

Rebecca Waranch SCATTERGORIES ROUND 4 COMPLETED 7/5/14
5/1/14-7/31/14
LETTER: B
TASKS: (12/12)

Categories

1. Title: Blood Vines by Erica Spindler 6/11 (1 pt)

2. Author: Bruce Perry The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog: And Other Stories from a Child Psychiatrist's Notebook--What Traumatized Children Can Teach Us About Loss, Love, and Healing 6/3 (1 pt)

3. Series Name: Myron Bolitar Drop Shot by Harlan Coben 7/4 (1 pt)

4. Cover Item: basketball Rabbit, Run by John Updike 6/4 (1 pt)

Rabbit, Run (Rabbit Angstrom, #1) by John Updike

5. Genre: Biography Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer 6/6 (1 pt)

6. Paranormal Creature: Bogeyman (p.222) I Never Promised You a Rose Garden by Joanne Greenberg 7/5 (1 pt)

7. U.S. City: Boston The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen 6/13 (1 pt)

8. Item in a Room: "big black bag" (p.43) One for the Money 6/14 (3 pts)

9. Bright Things: "bright blue eyes" (p.19) The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh 6/19 (2 pts)

10. Things That are Soft: "bushy brows" (p.14) Red Harvest by Dashiell Hammett 6/12 (2 pts)

11. Things You Wear: "bespangled and bedecked with glittering buttons" (p.148) On the Road by Jack Kerouac 6/20 (3 pts)

12. Things in the Sky: "blue angel" (p.89) Natchez Burning by Greg Iles 6/25 (1 pt)

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Waranch SCATTERGORIES ROUND 4 COMPLETED 7/5/14
5/1/14-7/31/14
LETTER: B
TASKS: (12/12)

Categories

1. Title: Blood Vines by Erica Spindler 6/11 (1 pt)

2. Author: Bruce Perry The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog: And Other Stories from a Child Psychiatrist's Notebook--What Traumatized Children Can Teach Us About Loss, Love, and Healing 6/3 (1 pt)

3. Series Name: Myron Bolitar Drop Shot by Harlan Coben 7/4 (1 pt)

4. Cover Item: basketball Rabbit, Run by John Updike 6/4 (1 pt)

Rabbit, Run (Rabbit Angstrom, #1) by John Updike

5. Genre: Biography Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer 6/6 (1 pt)

6. Paranormal Creature: Bogeyman (p.222) I Never Promised You a Rose Garden by Joanne Greenberg 7/5 (1 pt)

7. U.S. City: Boston The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen 6/13 (1 pt)

8. Item in a Room: "big black bag" (p.43) One for the Money 6/14 (3 pts)

9. Bright Things: "bright blue eyes" (p.19) The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh 6/19 (2 pts)

10. Things That are Soft: "bushy brows" (p.14) Red Harvest by Dashiell Hammett 6/12 (2 pts)

11. Things You Wear: "bespangled and bedecked with glittering buttons" (p.148) On the Road by Jack Kerouac 6/20 (3 pts)

12. Things in the Sky: "blue angel" (p.89) Natchez Burning by Greg Iles 6/25 (1 pt)

message 8: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

Great Job Rebecca!

message 9: by Trisha (last edited Jul 28, 2014 11:29AM) (new)

Trisha darn...I think I'm done. I never bumped into a book located in the city with a B but I'm pretty happy with my progress!!

14/12 (+ for double points)

Books Read:
Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Madapple by Christina Meldrum Blood Orange Soda by James Michael Larranaga To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han Vitro by Jessica Khoury Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4) by Kami Garcia A Shade of Vampire (A Shade of Vampire, #1) by Bella Forrest The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) by Ron Roy Now I See You A Memoir by Nicole C. Kear Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

message 10: by Trisha (new)

Trisha I can't wait for the next one Joanne!!! :)

message 11: by Mandiann (last edited Jul 27, 2014 09:05AM) (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 15 comments I think I am done too. I had a hard time with series name, US city and Genre but I made up for it with many double points on the books I did read.

13/12

Books Read:
Tin Star by Cecil Castellucci The Last Unicorn (The Last Unicorn, #1) by Peter S. Beagle Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Looking for Alaska by John Green The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6) by Rae Carson My Life With The Walter Boys by Ali Novak Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay Sky on Fire (Monument 14, #2) by Emmy Laybourne Burning Blue by Paul Griffin

message 12: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

Congrats everyone. The new challenge will be up by Aug 1st

message 13: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 15 comments I just stumbled upon a Us City and Series name for B!!!!

message 14: by Trisha (new)

Trisha ooooh!! tell me!!! which book??? I'm not sure I can cram another one in before the end of the month! LOL

message 15: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 15 comments You have already read it. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart Parts of it take place in Burlington.

message 16: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 15 comments Oooh but you read it during the challenge!!!

message 17: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Mandiann wrote: "Oooh but you read it during the challenge!!!"

yay! You're the best!! Thank you!!! :)

message 18: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 15 comments Okay, now I am done. Will not get to genre.

15/12

Books completed: Tin Star by Cecil Castellucci The Last Unicorn (The Last Unicorn, #1) by Peter S. Beagle Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Looking for Alaska by John Green The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6) by Rae Carson My Life With The Walter Boys by Ali Novak Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay Sky on Fire (Monument 14, #2) by Emmy Laybourne Burning Blue by Paul Griffin We Were Liars by E. Lockhart Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn, #2) by Jenny Han

message 19: by Trisha (new)

Trisha WOOHOO!!! Congrats Mandiann!!! :D

message 20: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

congrats mandiann

message 21: by Denise (last edited Jun 03, 2020 12:45PM) (new)

Denise | 385 comments DONE

Duration of Round 4
May 16, 2020 ~ August 16, 2014

Letter of Round 4
B

Categories

1. Title - Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel 5.23.20

2. Author - Cara Black Murder on the Champ de Mars 5.18.20

3. Series Name - Bernie Gunther #3 A German Requiem by Philip Kerr 6.3.20

4. Cover Item - BLINDS The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn by AJ Finn 5.19.20

5. Genre - BIOGRAPHY - My Diary in Serbia, April 1, 1915 - Nov. 1, 1915 by Monica Stanley 5.29,20

6. Paranormal Creature - BEAST - "I'm a hot blooded beast" p. 162 The Winds of War by Herman Wouk 5.26.20

7. U.S. City - BOSTON “previously based in Boston” p. 20 The Woman in the Window by AJ Finn 5.19.20

8. Item in a Room BIDET “install a bidet, just for you” p. 12 The Woman in the Window

9. Bright Things - BURNING BUILDINGS - there are several throughout the book Treachery at Lancaster Gate by Anne Perry

10. Things That are Soft - BED -" You should take a day in bed" Treachery at Lancaster Gate by Anne Perry 5.16.20

11. Things You Wear - BLOUSE “Off with her blouse” p. 5 The Woman in the Window by AJ Finn 5.19.20

12. Things in the Sky - BOMBERS - in this book set in Malta in WWII bombers are often in the sky The Information Officer by Mark Mills 5.19.20

Notes:
♥ Include cover or link to book for every book
♥ Must include cover when posting for the cover item category
♥ Please include all names when posting books for name categories
♥ Post color name and cover for that category
♥ Post location or setting for that category

message 22: by jingles (new)

jingles | 3480 comments Mod
Have fun, Denise!!