You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Challenges: Year Long Main 2021 > Jackie's 2016 Geocaching Challenge

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (last edited Jul 04, 2016 04:18PM) (new)

Jackie | 250 comments You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

Challenges: Year Long > Jackie's 2016 Geocaching Challenge

YLTO Annual Geocaching Challenge

January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016 (starting March 2016)

Completed 1/12

Six continents (as defined by YLTO's standards)
√ 1. North America
2. South America
√ 3. Europe
4. Africa
√ 5. Asia (mainland)
√ 6. Australia (includes islands south of mainland Asia)

NORTH AMERICA
Canada:
c. Historic District of Old Québec
- read a book set in Quebec The Quebec Affair by Robert Penbrooke
- read about immigrants coming to the new world (could be historical fiction or nonfiction) A People's History of Quebec by Jacques Lacoursiere
- Take home item - French Food: Read a book that has French food it in (bring home a taste of old France). The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious - and Perplexing - City by David Lebovitz

The Quebec Affair by Robert Penbrooke A People's History of Quebec by Jacques Lacoursiere The Sweet Life in Paris Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious - and Perplexing - City by David Lebovitz

EUROPE
France:
a. Decorated Cave of Pont d’Arc, known as Grotte Chauvet-Pont d’Arc, Ardèche
- Read a book set in France Chasing Paris by Jen Carter
- Read a book about painting Monet by Christoph Heinrich
- Take Home Item: - Piece of Charcoal: Read a book with a dark grey or black cover (70%) Eiffel's Tower: And the World's Fair Where Buffalo Bill Beguiled Paris, the Artists Quarreled, and Thomas Edison Became a Count by Jill Jonnes

Chasing Paris by Jen Carter Monet by Christoph Heinrich Eiffel's Tower And the World's Fair Where Buffalo Bill Beguiled Paris, the Artists Quarreled, and Thomas Edison Became a Count by Jill Jonnes

ASIA
Japan:
a. Hiroshima Peace Memorial (Genbaku Dome)
- Read a book set in Japan Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
√ - Read a book set in wartime (any war) Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Greene READ 5/26/16
- Take Home Item – Dove: Read a book in which a dove is on the cover, or in the title/subtitle The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden Summer of My German Soldier (Summer of My German Soldier, #1) by Bette Greene The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman

AUSTRAILIA/SOUTH SEA ISLANDS
Philippines:
a. Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras
- Read a book set in the Philippines Ilustrado by Miguel Syjuco
- Read a book in which agriculture is a significant theme The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- Take Home Item – Grain of Rice: Read a book with the word “Rice” in the title, or the author’s name. Condi: The Condoleezza Rice Story by Antonia Felix

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck Ilustrado by Miguel Syjuco Condi The Condoleezza Rice Story by Antonia Felix

EXTRA TASKS

Completed 0/6

SOUTH AMERICA
Brazil:

a. Iguaçu National Park
- Read a book set in Brazil
- Read a book with that has a waterfall on the cover or in the story
- Take Home Item – Rainbow: Read a book with a rainbow on the cover.

AFRICA
Kenya:
a. Kenya Lake System in the Great Rift Valley
- Read a book set in Kenya
- Read a book set near a lake
- Take Home Item – Flamingo Feather: Read a book with the word flamingo in the title, a flamingo on the cover, or the cover is predominantly hot pink (70%).

message 2: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48779 comments Just clarifying here. You need to read an entire site in each of the continents to get the extra recognition. I see just one task when you'll need 2 sites totalling 6 tasks.

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 250 comments Janice-Thanks for the clarification! When I'm back at my computer, I'll fix it.