The Post Card Exchange discussion

announcing happy mail > Cheer up Vera

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nataliebee8) | 105 comments Hi all! I work with an amazing lady named Vera. She's like the perfect little grandma who loves everyone and makes everyone a cake for their birthday, yet never expects anything for hers. Vera is having open heart surgery on February 29th and will be off work for at least 2 months, if not longer. She's very active and social and I'm worried she's going to be very lonely and depressed staying home. I was wondering if anyone would like to send her a card/postcard/letter to cheer her up. I'm not comfortable posting her address so all mail will come to me and then I will forward it to her every Monday. If you're interested please let me know!

Vera is on a bowling team and also enjoys knitting, cooking (send her a favorite recipe!), gardening, and reading. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 178 comments I'm in

message 3: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nataliebee8) | 105 comments Hi Amy! I tried to send you a message but it won't work! Could you send me one or email me nbacorn@gmail.com

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 178 comments Done!

message 5: by Tia Marie (new)

Tia Marie (tiamarienededog) | 170 comments Hello Natalie,

I'd like to be included. Please send me the mailing address.

message 6: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nataliebee8) | 105 comments Tia it won't let me message you either ugh. Can you email me? Nbacorn@gmail.com

message 7: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (bookboss) | 28 comments I would be happy to send one! I have your address from the February exchange :)

message 8: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nataliebee8) | 105 comments Thank you Hilary!!

message 9: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nataliebee8) | 105 comments Thank you Hilary!!

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma Donovan (whatemmadidnextuk) I'll send something .. I don't have your address - are you able to send it to me? x

message 11: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 336 comments I would love to help cheer up Vera. Please send me your addy.

This is very thoughtful of you.

message 12: by Yayoi (new)

Yayoi (yayoinm) | 14 comments I will send a card or something. Please send me your address.

message 13: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nataliebee8) | 105 comments Yayoi it won't let me message you. Could you message me?

message 14: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nataliebee8) | 105 comments Yayoi it won't let me message you. Could you message me?

message 15: by Ava Catherine (new)

Ava Catherine | 197 comments I am in.

message 16: by Yayoi (new)

Yayoi (yayoinm) | 14 comments Please try again - now you should be able to.

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (snowydayhooray) | 59 comments I'd like to do this...such a simple way to brighten someones day!

message 18: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nataliebee8) | 105 comments Messages have been sent! Hilary I got your card the other day, Vera is going to love it! She's healing well, breathing tube comes out today hopefully. Please continue to send her good thoughts!

message 19: by Betsy (last edited Apr 10, 2016 07:48PM) (new)

Betsy | 336 comments Natalie,

How is Vera doing?

message 20: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nataliebee8) | 105 comments She's been doing really well! She's still on home rest at her daughters house but she's been able to walk around and move a bit more. Mostly she says she's just very tired but otherwise fine!

message 21: by Tia Marie (new)

Tia Marie (tiamarienededog) | 170 comments Natalie wrote: "She's been doing really well! She's still on home rest at her daughters house but she's been able to walk around and move a bit more. Mostly she says she's just very tired but otherwise fine!"

Thanks for the update. Well wishes to all.

message 22: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 336 comments Natalie wrote: "She's been doing really well! She's still on home rest at her daughters house but she's been able to walk around and move a bit more. Mostly she says she's just very tired but otherwise fine!"

Glad to hear it! I bet she was touched by your thoughtfulness.