Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Authors > Seeking DEDICATED Beta Reader for YA Modern AU/Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily Luebke | 11 comments Book's genre: Modern AU/Fantasy involving Demons
Word count: 82607
Kinds of sex scenes (if applicable): N/A
Level of violence: Medium? Some violence, especially nearer the end.
Any possible triggers readers should be aware of: Demons? Bullying.
Number of betareaders you want: As many as will have me?
Time limit: A year at very most.

Synopsis: Anders Book is a nerdy teen who wants to hang out with his friends on his birthday and play some video games. Unfortunately his plans were cut short when a deal his father made with The Devil for Anders' soul comes to fruition. Anders finds himself in Hell and is turned into a demon. With a little divine intervention Anders is able to retain his soul, and his personality, and now he must venture through the Hellscape to locate and destroy Satan's 'Book of Souls' and free himself.

~I need Beta readers that are dedicated and won't bail on me! SOMEONE needs to make it all the way through my book LOL. I know life happens, and I'll take whatever help I can get, but I am hoping for a few people who can help for the long term.

I take criticism well and am always thankful and appreciative of my Betas! Anyone who is willing to read my stuff automatically becomes my hero and favorite person!

How I do it:
I send you one chapter at a time via email with a list of easy questions to answer and send back as soon as you have finished reading the chapter! It's easy, it's streamlined, and all I need now is you!

message 2: by E. C. (new)

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 7 comments Though I know people do it different ways, you might have better luck with people finishing your manuscript if you send ut all at once with some questions attached to it instead of doing it chapter by chapter. It might be easier for people ti get involved with your story that way.

message 3: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 2 comments I would like to help out if I can! My email is sdickersonreviewer@gmail.com.

Kindle: sddickerson93_45@kindle.com

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberbass) | 5 comments Hi Emily!
I'd love to help, and would be happy to read your first chapter and see if we would be compatible. Lol, I know that sounds like a dating comment, but I think it's always good to do a test run to see how people work together. Let me know if interested!
Cheers,
Amber

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily Luebke | 11 comments E. C. wrote: "Though I know people do it different ways, you might have better luck with people finishing your manuscript if you send ut all at once with some questions attached to it instead of doing it chapter..."

Actually, the sending the full manuscript is what I started out doing. That didn't work (I've been at this editing thing for over a year off and on). So I'm trying the chapter by chapter dealy. A few people I did manage to get to read for me said they liked the chapter by chapter better, so I'm giving that a try for a while.

Shoot me your email, you can totes have chapter one to give it a look ;)

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily Luebke | 11 comments Amber wrote: "Hi Emily!
I'd love to help, and would be happy to read your first chapter and see if we would be compatible. Lol, I know that sounds like a dating comment, but I think it's always good to do a test..."

You bet! Shoot me your email addy :)

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily Luebke | 11 comments Shelby wrote: "I would like to help out if I can! My email is sdickersonreviewer@gmail.com.

Kindle: sddickerson93_45@kindle.com"

email sent! Thanks for giving me a chance!

message 8: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberbass) | 5 comments Will do Emily. ☺️

message 9: by Tonia (new)

Tonia | 2 comments Emily wrote: "Book's genre: Modern AU/Fantasy involving Demons
Any possible trigger..."

I would like to help out!

booboonme0804@gmail.com

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberbass) | 5 comments Message sent Emily.

message 11: by E. C. (new)

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 7 comments Emily, I'm glad that's working for you then! I can't stay interested if I just get it on pieces so I thought that might be it. And I've got one other beta read that I'm working on now, so I can't really do another yet, but thanks for the offer.

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily Luebke | 11 comments Cool cool. Well if you're ever hanging around wondering what to read next, feel free to give me a shout. I can always send you the full thing if you like as well. If you should ever feel so inclined. :) Thanks for the interest :)

message 13: by E. C. (new)

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 7 comments You bet. Thanks for the offer. I'll pop in again when I've got some time.

message 14: by Emily (new)

Emily Luebke | 11 comments Tonia wrote: "Emily wrote: "Book's genre: Modern AU/Fantasy involving Demons
Any po..."

Email sent! Thanks for giving it a peek!

message 15: by Donna (new)

Donna  | 11 comments It has been quite a while since I have done proof reading, but I love to read, I have plenty of time right now, and I would be interested in reading this type of material. I love books written about any type of Demon, Vampire, werewolf, Carpathian immortal, shape shifter, so this seems to be right up my alley. send me a message if you would like me to take a look. My email address is dhoffman1964@gmail.com.

message 16: by Emily (new)

Emily Luebke | 11 comments Donna Curry wrote: "It has been quite a while since I have done proof reading, but I love to read, I have plenty of time right now, and I would be interested in reading this type of material. I love books written abou..."

Sounds awesome! I'll shoot you chapter 1 :)

message 17: by Donna (new)

Donna  | 11 comments I received the chapter and read it and sent you back a message. Hope you received it.
I think the 1st chapter is very good and I can tell that it is the kind of book I love to read. I like a book that can get me interested within the first 3 chapters. The great thing about your book is I only received the 1st chapter so far, and found it an easy read. I know I would read this book quite quickly, I wouldn't want to put it down.