A Good Thriller discussion

Book Pals - Archive > March Book Pals ~ Post Your Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) Once you and your Book Pal have selected and read your book, post what you thought of the book on this thread. Partners are listed in this thread below. Can't wait to hear about your book choices!

You can go to the original thread Book Pals and click on your partner to see their books and friend them.

** Just a Tip - I like to give my partner at least three books to choose from with one being my top choice. That way they have some freedom as well.

★ ★ IF you have made an attempt to contact your partner with no response, please private message me letting me know so I can work on getting you a new partner for the month. Please give it at least 7 days before posting a comment as not all of our members log in every day. THANK YOU!

Message 35 - Ray & Message 3 - Gail
Message 22 - Dominique & Message 5 - Kim
Message 17 - Juliana & Message 29 - Malia
Message 26 - Darkslyric & Message 28 - Brenda
Message 33 - La Tonya & Message 31 - Denise
Message 6 - Jamie & Message 21 - Gopal
Message 14 - Tim & Message 36 - Jaime
Message 30 - Wolfrott & Message 13 - Kirsten
Message 11 - Marty & Message 23 - David
Message 27 - Patricia & Message 18 - Ishita
Message 9 - Ashley & Message 24 - Laura
Message 16 - Kim & Message 25 - Claire
Message 10 - Carla & Message 12 - Laurie
Message 15 - Daisy & Message 7 - Devi
Message 8 - Kat & Message 32 - Olwen
Message 4 Val - Message 34 - John
Message 2 - Karen & Message 19 - Kelby
Message 20 - Adrienne & Message 37 - Autumn

message 2: by Marty (new)

Marty Murphy | 28 comments This month both David and I are going to read Sycamore Row

message 3: by Gopal (new)

Gopal (gopaliyer) | 521 comments Jamie and me are gonna read The God's Eye View

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Miles (karbear1022) Kelby and I are going to read I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3210 comments Karen and Kelby, I hope you enjoy that book. I loved it!

message 6: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3210 comments Darkslyric and I have decided to read While the Savage Sleeps While the Savage Sleeps by Andrew E. Kaufman by Andrew E. Kaufman.

message 7: by Volkun (new)

Volkun (wolfcreed) Kirsten and I are reading Night of the Crabs! Nearly done, too, short book!

message 8: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Bergman (marshop) | 1097 comments Ishita and I are reading The Runaway Jury by John Grisham by John Grisham

message 9: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) Adrienne and I will be reading The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith. We have already started reading it, I just forgot to post!

message 10: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 328 comments Devi and I are reading Six Years by Harlan Coben by Harlan Coben

message 11: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Sean Peters | 9138 comments Mod
You will love " I Let You Go", a great book

message 12: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 7907 comments Wolfrott and I read Night of the Crabs by Guy N. Smith Night of the Crabs by Guy N. Smith

Loved the book. Took me back to my childhood when I watched monster movies with my dad.

Here's my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 13: by Karen (new)

Karen Miles (karbear1022) Karen wrote: "Kelby and I are going to read I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh"

I finished this book yesterday. I thought the 1st part of the book was very slow and uninteresting. I almost gave up on it...which is not something I do lightly. However, the 2nd part of the book redeemed itself. I ended up giving the book 4 stars.

message 14: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 7907 comments Wolfrott & I also read VOID by David M. Staniforth VOID by David M. Staniforth this month.

Here is my review:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 15: by Volkun (new)

Volkun (wolfcreed) I finished Night of the Crabs by Guy N. Smith with Kirsten - it was like we expected, terrible hammer horror. It didn't grab me enough to pick up the six sequels as it was written pretty childishly and simple, no suspense whatsoever, almost a parody of its own genre.

We then read VOID by David M. Staniforth - which I personally did not enjoy. Ordinary, predoctable, plot holes, and sappy, sadly.

message 16: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 7907 comments I think I enjoyed Night of the Crabs by Guy N. Smith more than Wolfrott, but then it took me back to a time where I watched Sci-Fi theater with my dad.

VOID, unfortunately, was a disappointment.