#B2BCyCon Think Tank discussion

2016 - VOID - PART #2 - GET > WANTED: Videos for Lip Sync Battle (Yes its related to this convention)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joe (new)

Joe Compton (joeatnmfp) | 23 comments Mod
Like most conventions there is a lot of after hours networking fun that kind of allows us all to unwind, enjoy a cocktail, or two, or a dozen, and have epic stories for the morning sessions the next day. Well within a virtual Con, how great is it to be able to do this from the comforts of your own home, right?

So as part of the live 72 hour video coverage on one of these evenings we are going to have a little non-Convention like fun. We are going to have a LIP SYNC BATTLE. If you have never seen a Lip Sync Battle go watch this clip from "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ajQ...

Basically how it is going to work for our purposes is I am asking anyone who wants to participate to record 1 SONG that you will lip sync (not actually sing, again refer to the video I have attached here in this message if you don't understand). You can stand, get in costume, sit at your desk. go on location, etc. You have creative carte blanche as far as I am concerned to record a song but let's do try to keep it somewhat PG-13. If I deem it inappropriate I will let you know but I am sure it will be fine. :)

Once you have it recorded please email me at joeidfilms73@gmail.com and I will give you instructions on how to get it to me.

The deadline is Monday March 28th.

We will have the videos submitted play for everyone's viewing pleasure on one of the nights during the convention (probably the Friday) and there will be a place to go vote for your favorite. There will also be a live chat during the show so that we can all interact and have a little fun.

The winner (and yes there will be a winner) is the one with the most votes at the end of the convention. You'll be getting a Backstage VIP Brain to Books Con Swag pack. Trust me there will be some great stuff in this swag pack..amazon gift cards, vistaprint coupons, and other unique trinkets that relate to our business and this convention.

For all of you with stage fright and what have you, just know this is all in fun, but networking is a HUGE part of our business, We all should be supporting one another and getting to know one another. This is a great way to break the ice and meet a ton of people who probably can help you along the way in your journey to Best selling success. I will be putting up your website or blog address as a subtitle over the video (please DO NOT do that yourself, I just want your lip sync), I will have all your buy links available for everyone to see and will be talking you up during the chat.

So be a part of our community and have some fun.

PS DO NOT SEND ME A YOUTUBE LINK. You will need to send me the video directly but PLEASE email me first and I will give you the instructions on where to send it to me. I will not consider any video that doesn't follow these instructions. Thank you.

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela Chrysler (abchrysler) | 490 comments Mod
Joe! Do you want a list of "songs" everyone is doing? I have plans *BWAHAHAHAHAAAA* and want to run it by you. I'll message you.

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 29 comments Ok, I am a masochist... I mean, I am in! Do we need to worry about copyright for the music?

Do you want the whole song or just a minute?

message 4: by Joe (last edited Mar 03, 2016 10:28AM) (new)

Heidi wrote: "Ok, I am a masochist... I mean, I am in! Do we need to worry about copyright for the music?

Do you want the whole song or just a minute?"

I will clear the copyrights with my broadcasting network. They already gave me away to do that. I would recommend recording the whole song, unless it's Freebird or Stairway to Heaven but even then, just know though I may edit it to fit for timing purposes but there will be a place where everyone can see the entire video when they vote.

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 29 comments Awesome, I will get that over to you this weekend!

message 6: by Angela (new)

Joe wrote: "Heidi wrote: "Ok, I am a masochist... I mean, I am in! Do we need to worry about copyright for the music?

Do you want the whole song or just a minute?"

I will clear the copyrights with my broadc..."

Epic! Joe, How would you like to select my videos? I designed it so all the solo videos are for the contest. But the Dr. Horrible score is for filler. Thoughts?

message 7: by Joe (new)

Hey everybody the deadline is fast approaching. I would love to have as many submissions as I can get. Please get your lip syncs over to me as soon as you can.

-Joe

message 8: by Joe (new)

Heidi wrote: "Awesome, I will get that over to you this weekend!"

You still going to do this Heidi? I hope so. We would love to have you. So please get it over to me as soon as you possibly can. Deadline in Monday March 28th.

message 9: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 29 comments Joe,

I am definitely still in, working on editing the video today. Will hopefully get it to you this weekend.

message 10: by Angela (new)

Heidi wrote: "Joe,

I am definitely still in, working on editing the video today. Will hopefully get it to you this weekend."

Editing! Oh crap! My quality just dropped, lol

message 11: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 29 comments Don't stress, Angela! I am not convinced after the fact that the editing was worth it!

message 12: by Angela (new)

Heidi wrote: "Don't stress, Angela! I am not convinced after the fact that the editing was worth it!"

LOL

message 13: by Deidre (new)

Deidre Mapstone (sporaticreeder) | 4 comments Dang, I wish I had time to whip this off! It sounds like it's going to be a hoot!

message 14: by Joe (new)

Deidre wrote: "Dang, I wish I had time to whip this off! It sounds like it's going to be a hoot!"

I wish you could too Deidre. I need some more submissions.