UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

The Trouble with Europe: Why the EU isn't Working, How it Can be Reformed, What Could Take its Place
This topic is about The Trouble with Europe
Non-Fiction Recommendations > The Trouble with Europe

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

David Hadley | 4873 comments I suppose this is the time to read this.

The Trouble with Europe: Why the EU Isn't Working - How it Can Be Reformed - What Could Take Its Place The Trouble with Europe Why the EU Isn't Working - How it Can Be Reformed - What Could Take Its Place by Roger Bootle

That is, if you are not sick to death of the whole thing already.

I read it a few months ago and found it a fairly well-balanced approach to this whole EU business and the current hokey-cokey.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Think I'd rather remain blissfully ignorant.

David Hadley | 4873 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Think I'd rather remain blissfully ignorant."

Well, there is that, but there is something to be said for being blissfully well-informed too.

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21872 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Think I'd rather remain blissfully ignorant."

Distance probably gives perspective :-)

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2335 comments I'd like to read it but find the EU debacle depressing already.

David Hadley | 4873 comments Karen wrote: "I'd like to read it but find the EU debacle depressing already."

The book is certainly more interesting* and informative than the Westminster soap-opera drivel in the papers and on the TV news.

*for certain value of interesting.

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2335 comments Having started a few discussions over Brexit recently with friends, I've bought the book, so look forward to reading it now and getting a bit more ammo for my argument!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yeah.

Still can't be arsed to read the book.

I reckon the daily mail will tell me all I need to know.

message 9: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21872 comments Strangely I've not had any discussions with friends (as opposed to occasional posts on the web)

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2335 comments Just finished the book, thoroughly recommend it. It's clearly written, and with some wit, which was welcome. Thank you for recommending it David.

David Hadley | 4873 comments Karen wrote: "Just finished the book, thoroughly recommend it. It's clearly written, and with some wit, which was welcome. Thank you for recommending it David."

Glad you liked it too. I found I liked it more than I expected to.